[Closed] Tou's Food & Coffee, Bali

Finding good cafes in Nusa Dua is a tricky thing to do, since this area has more numbers of upper class restaurants. So when I chanced upon a cafe on Jl. Siligita called Tou's Food & Coffee, I immediately decided to try. This cafe shares the same building with White Rock Lodge, an Airy Rooms-based hostel.



The cafe has 2 floors - indoor on the first floor and outdoor on the second floor. The outdoor area has direct view to the main road and the hostel's swimming pool. It was quite chill there.

Hot Mochaccino - IDR25,000
When my coffee was served, I was like 'wth, how come it looks like this' since it did not come with any latte art. I thought their cafe name contained 'food and coffee' *rolling eyes*? At first I thought they served me hot chocolate, because it tasted like hot chocolate too! I could barely taste any caffeine, zzz.

Chicken Fried Rice - IDR30,000
Besides chicken, other options available were bacon, sausage and vegetarian fried rice. The fried rice was half-covered with omelette. My friend said it tasted fine and filling.

Chicken Cordon Bleu - IDR50,000
I had to order the most expensive dish in the menu since I was out of option *sad*. Upon seeing the presentation, my friend who owned a restaurant in her hometown said that the chicken used for cordon bleu should be battered in panko breadcrumbs, not just normal batter flour. Anyway, let's just taste it. It tasted neither bad nor good, although it was more floury than meaty, but the mushroom sauce was tasty. They had replaced the baby potato (as stated in the menu) with fries without prior notice! This was kinda disappointing but luckily the fries tasted good.

Hmm, don't think I will give them another visit until they further improve their food. Moreover, their coffee is supplied by Black Pit Coffee and the cafe's name contained the word 'coffee', isn't it just ridiculous that they could not serve decent coffee with latte art on it?

-

White Rock Lodge
Jl. Siligita 18, Nusa Dua
Bali, Indonesia 80361
+6238113864840
Opening hours: 9am - 9pm

Comments

Popular Posts