BBQ Frenzy, Surabaya

The beginning of the month is always the right time to treat yourself to good food, before your wallet starts making a hole haha. I would like to introduce you to the new kid on the block all-you-can-eat eatery squad called BBQ Frenzy. No, it is nothing like Korean BBQ or Japanese shabu shabu. Here, we are the chef ourselves - we are free to cook whatever dish we like with one pan, one boiling pot and two stoves.

We were given MSG-loaded cassava chips and caramel popcorn as welcome snack. I quite like the popcorn actually haha.



First up, the staff will explain to you the whole dining process if this is your first visit to BBQ Frenzy. They will hand in a menu and let you choose any ingredient to use (this is like choosing ingredients for suki). Wah, we became so 'kiasu' (it is AYCE after all) and we got ourselves almost all types of ingredient haha. There were pork, beef, fish, chicken, squid, shrimp, egg, potato, noodle, pasta... Hmm, I might break my finger if I type out all of them here lol. They also have a sauce station for dipping or mixing, such as cheese, garlic, BBQ, herbs and soy sauce.

I'm more into BBQ than steamboat, but this one tasted nice too. The chicken soup was warming and not too bland or too salty.


My favorite items here are pork belly and beef bacon. So tender and yummy, especially when dipped into the garlic sauce.

There is dessert station too yay. I did my own mix and match and I made something like mixed ice with milk-based soup, jelly and nata de coco.

The price for AYCE here is IDR140,000 per person, which I think is worth it. They offer so many selection of ingredient and what's more interesting, we can cook our way. Please note that we will be 'fined' if we leave any food waste here, so do eat wildly but responsibly ya!

*UPDATE: BBQ Frenzy no longer serves pork menu -> it is now Halal

-

Jl. Imam Bonjol 125
Surabaya, Indonesia 60264
+6231-5678328
IG: bbqfrenzy
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts