Product Review: Goldilocks Assorted Polvoron

Yesterday, my Filipino colleague gave me a pack of Goldilocks Polvoron from Philippines. It instantly became my new favorite foreign snack that I kept craving for more. Just a brief introduction about the brand: Goldilocks is a famous bakery in Philippines, which was opened in 1966 as a family business in Makati City. Its name come from the character of the fairy tale Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

Polvoron is actually a shortbread cookie/candy originated from Philippines. It is not baked like normal cookies. It is typically made of toasted flour, sugar and powdered milk, which is then pressed into a Polvoron press/molder and individually wrapped like candies. One pack of Goldilocks Polvoron consists of 12 assorted polvoron with 6 different flavors (so it is 2 pieces per flavor).

Ube Polvoron
Ube is Tagalog word of 'ubi' or taro. It has unique scent and sweet taro flavor which is very Filipino. My mom love it to the bits!

Coffee Crumble Polvoron
The strong coffee taste mixed with the sweetness of the milk creates a heavenly combination. I wonder if I dissolve it in hot water, will it be like my favorite coffee drink? Haha just a random thought.

Cashew Polvoron
This flavor is nothing special - it is just less sweet than other flavors with a hint of savory taste.

Peanut Polvoron
The nut taste is strong and leaves a martabak manis-like aftertaste lol. It became my grandma's favorite upon the first bite.

Pinipig Polvoron
Yum! This is my favorite one! In Philippines, pinipig is toasted immature grains of glutinous rice. I love the crunchy feeling I got from the pinipig while munching the polvoron. The pinipig taste reminded me of Horlick though.

Cookies n' Cream Polvoron
This is my second favorite flavor, just because it is cookies and cream.

Warning: eating Goldilocks Polvoron can be addictive. I can finish it in one hour if you challenge me haha. However, it can get difficult to eat without getting the crumbs all over the place. Polvoron is not firm like normal cookies/candy and it will crumble when you bite it. My suggestion is to eat one piece of polvoron within 2 bites at most (if you have a big mouth, eat one whole piece at once). Damn, I'm now craving for it so badly while typing this post! Anyone knows a place in Indonesia (other than online shop) that sells polvoron? Please let me know.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts