Carpentier Kitchen, Surabaya

Forgive me from being such a suaku, but this was only my second visit to Carpentier Kitchen, a cafe that had actually been existed since 2013 (I have been there before in 2015 but I did not manage to review it). This cafe is located inside ORE (Other Rag Enterprise) Store. Besides eating, you can do some shopping or window shopping here.

This is how the store looks like. They sell clothes, footwears, bags and accessories from both indie and global brands like Daniel Wellington, VANS and Alienware. There is also a retro CD corner on the second floor. So hipster!

The second floor was empty, so I could take pics as much as I wanted without being judged

Iced Peppermint Tea - IDR23,000
I'm never a fan of peppermint tea haha. Did not try this though.

Hot Cafe Latte - IDR35,000
The coffee here was not bad! My cafe latte was well-balanced with a rather acidic note in every sip. The texture was creamy and smooth as well.

Seafood Fried Rice - IDR55,000
The fried rice was yummy, no complain. The portion was just right and filling enough.

All Time Breakfast - IDR60,000
This dish consists of eggs any style, fried potatoes and beef sausage. The scrambled eggs that I opted for could be runnier. The potatoes were nicely seasoned and the seasoning tasted like 'Boncabe' lol. The sausages were okay only. I particularly like the mayo and BBQ-like dipping sauces, they added more flavor to the overall dish.

Carpentier Kitchen is truly a hidden gem: good and affordable food with homey and laid-back atmosphere! The staffs were friendly and they gladly helped us taking pics here and there. Another visit? Definitely yes!

-

Jl. Untung Suropati 83
Surabaya, Indonesia 60264
+6231-5682074
IG: carpentierkitchen
Opening hours: 9am - 10pm (Mon - Sat)
Closed on Sun

Comments

Popular Posts