[Closed] Artdate, Surabaya

There is a new cafe near my house called Artdate. Recently there have been a lot of small cafes established in the area since college students need a decent place with affordable food to hang out or to do their assignments.



Artdate is located on Jl. Dharmawangsa, very close to Kampus B Universitas Airlangga (UNAIR). It is a 2-storey building and only the first floor has aircon.

French Katsu Balado - IDR17,000
As a side dish to our desserts, we shared this French Katsu Balado, which was fries with chicken katsu and balado seasoning. The seasoning was MSG-loaded and slightly spicy. The chicken katsu was soooo little but for only IDR17,000 there was no point complaining.

Neopolitan Cake - IDR25,000
One of Artdate's specialities is cake in a jar. My cousin picked this Neapolitan Cake which consisted of vanilla cake, chocolate-flavored sauce, Koko Krunch, vanilla ice cream, biscuits and choco chip. I found the cake dry on its own, but it got better when paired with the sauce and ice cream. The overall taste was not overly sweet, which was good.


Special Red Pancake - IDR29,000
I was tempted to order their red velvet pancake after seeing the droolsome-looking picture on the menu, but as I took my first bite, I immediately regretted ordering it. The pancake was dry and did not work well with grated cheese (I know they would use grated cheese since cream cheese is more costly). After trying out the best red velvet pancake at The Fat Turtle, I had my worst one here and I don't think I would ever get red velvet pancake in any place other than TFT.

For college students, Artdate might be the right place to chill while surfing the web (wi-fi is available). Unfortunately I did not quite enjoy the atmosphere. The aircon was not cool enough and the table was rather dusty. But I like the jarcake though! I will probably return just to take away other variants of the jarcake (no more dine-in for me haha).

-

Jl. Dharmawangsa 80A
Surabaya, Indonesia 60286
+6285607824537
IG: artdatekongkow
Opening hours: 11am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts