[Closed] Home Mate, Bali

I always enjoy having breakfast in the morning, and I don't mind waking up early (my definition of 'early' is as early as 9am though haha) on my off-days to go out for breakfast. I'm grateful that finding good breakfast places is no big deal in Bali, especially in Seminyak area. So yesterday I visited a cafe called Home Mate, which is located right on the junction of Jl. Petitenget (how could I miss it all this time!). Home Mate is actually a concept store selling housemade knick-knacks and kitchen supplies like as beauty products, soap, and marmalade, but it also functions as a cafe with a few seats available.



The menu is limited, but all food here is made of gluten free and organic ingredients. There are some cakes, bread and cookies on display too, but to me they look quite dull. Do not expect to see colorful rainbow cakes, red velvet or mille crepes ya haha.


Mocha - IDR28,000
The mocha was awful. It tasted nowhere like coffee - more like diluted hot chocolate.


Banana Cinnamon Pancakes - IDR45,000
The pancakes were loaded with banana slices and they were fluffy albeit slightly dry inside. The cinnamon flavor was there too, it was so aromatic. I wish they could put more cream on the side because I like it a lot!


Friday x food = best combination hands down! The price for the food is considered affordable, but not really for the retail goods. The atmosphere is homey, I spent almost 2 hours here having a me-time and felt refreshed stepping outta here.

-

Jl. Petitenget 1A, Seminyak
Bali, Indonesia 80361
Opening hours: 7.30am - 11.30pm

Comments

Popular Posts