[Outlet Closed] Gaya Gelato @ Trattoria, Bali

Gaya Gelato is one of the most popular gelato parlours in Bali. You can find it in popular tourist areas like Ubud, Jimbaran, Sanur and Canggu. This time I visited its outlet in Sanur, which is situated beside Trattoria Italian Restaurant.

There are not many choices of flavor at Gaya Gelato, I recall it is only less than 10. The gelato is kept in covered metal containers so we cannot see how it looks like, unlike in other gelato shops where colorful gelato is attractively displayed. The gelato flavors were also written in Italian without any English description so I got a bit lost and I had to kept asking the staff for explanation. When I asked the staff whether I could sample some of the flavors, she frigidly said no. Ish. She was also being very unfriendly while giving information about the gelato flavors.

Straciatella Gelato - IDR30,000 (small cone)
Not wanting to have any further interaction with that unsociable staff, I straight away picked the safe flavor, straciatella, which was vanilla-flavored gelato with chocolate shards. I had my gelato with the waffle cone for an additional IDR3,000 and immediately regretted it. The gelato melted super fast thanks to Bali effin' hot weather, making it very messy to eat. The gelato itself was yummy. The vanilla was not jelat and it mixed perfectly with the bitter dark chocolate shards.

To me, Gaya Gelato is considered pricey, especially when you compare it to Gusto. I think it is due to the exclusive branding and the elegant-looking shop. Just a suggestion for the staff, please do smile a little bit more, and do not just sit down fanning yourself. I know Bali is hot, but don't forget that customers may get hot too if you treat them like that *wink*.

-

Jl. Danau Tamblingan 192, Sanur
Bali, Indonesia 80237
+62361-285733
Opening hours: 8am - 11.30pm

Comments

Popular Posts