Forty Hands, Singapore

Recently my friend and I made a trip to the hipster area of Tiong Bahru and we spotted some cafes there. I was thinking of going to either Flock Cafe or Forty Hands, but at the end I picked the latter as it looked more promising lol. I have seen blog reviews about Forty Hands for quite some times ago and the fact that this cafe had been around since 2010 is kinda surprising to me. So it is considered a legend in Singapore third wave coffee shop scene uh? Anyway, do you know why is it called Forty Hands? It is because the owner believes that it takes 40 hands to produce a single cup of coffee from bean to cup.

Free plain water is available at the counter


Cheese & Tomato Toasties with Ham - $13.50
We only ordered their toasties to share as none of us felt hungry. Although we got the most basic one, it did not taste as boring as it sounded. The mixed cheese melted nicely and blended well with the ham. The toasties were served with shoestring fries, which was nicely seasoned and crispy.

Overall, Forty Hands is one great find in the neighborhood. Everything in this cafe satisfied me: the ambiance, the service, the nett price, the food, the coffee (I have not tried it yet but I know I should). These pretty much explain the crowd here. Make sure not to miss this cafe when you are in Tiong Bahru (it is located across Woods in the Books bookstore and next to PoTeaTo). Anyway, do check out some photos we took around the cafe!



Woods in the Books, the most hipster bookstore I had ever come across. Unfortunately it was closed when I came.



I'm in love with this neighborhood already <3

-

78 Yong Siak Street, #01-12
Singapore 163078
+65-62258545
Opening hours: 7.30am - 7pm (Mon - Wed & Sun) // 7.30am - 10pm (Thu - Sat)

Comments

  1. Great sharing! For those interested in others cafes that available in Singapore, I also recommend to try reading this article review which can be helpful. List of best cafes in Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts