Shelter, Bali

I stumbled upon this place while I was driving and it suddenly rained, so like its name, it became my shelter from the rain (a beautiful coincidence eh?). Shelter is a small, breezy hidden gem from the busy streets of Seminyak. It is a healthy-oriented cafe serving organic and vegan-friendly food. It has view of football field opposite the cafe. Oh ya, you can find the famous Nalu Bowls downstairs (Shelter and Nalu Bowls share the same premise) and you can have your smoothie bowl delivered to your table at Shelter.

Looks so... erm, jungly? Haha.


Chocolate Shake - IDR30,000
It tasted refreshing upon the first sip, but it became too sweet after a while.


Bacon & Egg Roll - IDR55,000
The menu contained no picture inside so I was gambling in choosing what to eat haha. To my surprise, what was written 'roll' came in form of burger. Between two toasted burger buns were bacon, fried egg, melted cheese, lime aioli and tomato sauce. I was a bit downcast seeing a burger served without fries on the side but it turned out filling at the end. I love the freshness of the food. I usually never finished the tomato and the bun of a burger, but this time I finished everything (is it that I was too hungry?). The fried egg was thick and the bacon was not too salty. But I could not believe I paid IDR55,000 for a burger with minimal amount of meat without fries or any side dish!

Overall, Shelter serves a wide range of fresh and healthy food but I think it is rather overpriced. The service was alright, not outstanding but not ignorant also. The location might be slightly tricky to find though. From Jl. Raya Seminyak, take the left turn to an alley next to Queen's Tandoor restaurant. Not long after the turn, you will see Nalu Bowls on your left, and Shelter will be on the second floor.

-

Jl. Drupadi 2B, Seminyak
Bali, Indonesia 80361
+6281337706471
Opening hours: 7.30am - 6pm

Comments

Popular Posts