Honey & Bread Cafe, Bali

Yay to another day-off! This time round my friends and I visited a cafe near my place called my Honey & Bread. This cafe occupies a space in front of Pepito Market on Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai. The place is highly accessible since it is located on the main road, not far from the highway (Tol Bali Mandara). The parking lot is spacious too. Very convenient, I must say — you can have some food here for a while before or after your grocery shopping at Pepito. There is also a patio outside for smoking guests.


Looking at the menu, they offer all-day breakfast, main course that ranges from Indonesian to Western dishes, light bites and cakes. They even have the now-trending smoothie bowl! I wanted to have the smoothie bowl but one bowl of blueberry and kiwi smoothie costs IDR77,000 and IDR78,000 respectively, so ex right?! Even Nalu Bowl costs less than that! I was not ready to blow so much money for infamous smoothie bowl (as in I have never seen reviews about Honey & Bread's smoothie bowl, so dunno whether it is nice or not lol).

Iced Lemon Tea - IDR32,000
It was refreshing but too sour for my liking.


Ice Mocha - IDR38,000
I never expected my iced mocha to be served in such unique presentation. It was served on a tray with deconstructed style - consisting of espresso, chocolate syrup, and sugar syrup. The staff then put everything together into a glass filled with ice cubes and stir it. The glass stood inside a bigger bowl (I think the bowl more looked like a vase lol) full of ice cubes to keep the drink chilled without diluting it. There was also a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, so I could say this drink is reasonably priced at IDR38,000. Taste wise, it was satisfying. The espresso was strong but the ice cream made the drink sweeter.


Matcha Forested Shake - IDR40,000
I was appealed to try their fancy shakes. They had 3 variants: chocolate, strawberry and matcha, whereby I chose the last one. Well, I'm sure their shakes will attract your eyes when you look at their beverage menu. Anyway, my matcha shake looks so festive ya? The drink came in a tall glass filled to the brim with matcha milkshake, chocolate sprinkles, mini rainbow choco balls and froot loops, topped with green tea cream, Oreo bites, KitKat and more froot loops. Sugarush! Sadly, the matcha flavor felt too artificial and it left a weird feeling on my throat (perhaps the sugar effect). The froot loops and the Oreo bites were soggy too. Still, I had a good time licking off the cream and chocolate that were sticking onto the glass (don't imagine me licking ah, coz it sounds kinda wrong. I did use the spoon okay!).

Classic Caesar Salad - IDR45,000
The lettuce was fresh, crunchy and the Caesar dressing was delicious although it was too little. The bacon bits gave the extra crisp to the whole dish. And major love for the garlic bread!

Spaghetti Carbonara - IDR55,000
Again, I like the garlic bread. The spaghetti was just average though.

Egg Benedict - IDR42,000
I always love all-day breakfast, so I had their egg ben. It was 4pm yet I ordered breakfast menu haha. This is probably the cheapest eggs benedict I have ever had! Oh well, the serving size was small though — just two small poached eggs atop two thin slices of sourdough with one thin slice of chicken ham, Hollandaise sauce and salsa. I like the unusual use of salsa in egg benedict; it gave a sourish yet refreshing taste.

Fashioned Scrambled Egg - IDR40,000
It was nice. The scrambled egg had a hint of cheesiness coming from the cheddar cheese. I like the sauteed mushrooms too, it was soft and flavorful.

Overall, Honey & Bread is recommended for you to try. The service was great, the staffs were friendly and they gladly helped us take nice photos. I like the ambiance, I felt comfortable chilling here for a long time while making use of their fast wi-fi haha.

-

Pepito Market
Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai KM. 25, Nusa Dua
Bali, Indonesia 80361
+62361-776316
Opening hours: 8am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts