Privé Cafe, Singapore

Recently, I went to Privé Cafe at Keppel Bay with my friend. At first I thought it would be an ulu place that is only accessible by car as it is located on another island, but it turned out quite easy to get there, although you still need to walk almost 1 km lol. You can go there within walking distance from VivoCity. Walk on the side of Carribbean condo until you see Keppel Bridge. The bridge will lead you to Keppel Island.

Privé Cafe is located at Marina at Keppel Bay building. The place looked quite packed when we came and there were only outdoor seats available for walk-in guests like us. Thankfully, our seat was overlooking the dock and we were perfectly satisfied with it.

Plain water is complimentary and the staffs promptly refilled our glasses

Raspberry & Banana Smoothie - $9
The smoothie got 100% banana smell but the taste was 90% raspberry haha. It was a nice and refreshing combination. But don't you think it is too much to pay $9 for a glass of smoothie?

10-Inch Spicy Meat Lover Stone-Baked Pizza - $20
It was written on the menu that the pizza would require minimum 20 minutes of preparation time. 15 minutes passed, a staff with rather weird English (I was guessing she was Korean) came and told us that the chef had accidentally dropped our pizza, so she requested us to let them make a new one within an extra 15 minutes. After this incident, we joked about how it would be like if the head chef was Gordon Ramsay lol. The pizza was decent but not the best pizza I had. It contained chorizo, salami, chilli, tomato and mozzarella cheese. They could be more generous with the amount of meat though.

The Ultimate Fish & Chips - $23
The serving was humongous to me! Even though I came here with empty stomach, I still struggled to finish those 2 giant fillets of beer-battered fish. I didn't really like thick-cut fries as they were usually tasteless, but this one was an exception since it was well-seasoned and crispy.

Red Velvet Cake - $7
By the time we requested the cake to be served, it was already dark and I needed to use flash to take the pic. Different from typical red velvet that I know, Privé's version only has cream cheese frosting on the very top layer, and for the rest they just use chocolate cream. It tasted more like normal chocolate cake to me, kinda dissapointing! It was also my first time trying red velvet cake with shredded coconut topping, and although the cake was moist as a whole, I did not really fancy this version.


The view at night. Would be much more beautiful if there were stars above the building haha.

On a different occasion, I re-visited Privé Cafe with my cousin for a Sunday brunch and to have some photographs taken for her. It was not as crowded as when I came during dinner time before.




Eggs Benedict - $16
Hands down to the best eggs benedict I have ever had! The smoked leg ham was juicy and thick! Never in my life I saw eggs benedict accompanied with such a thick slab of ham.

Ultimate Signature Breakfast - $21
The ultimate brekkie consists of two eggs any style, 6-inch pork bratwurst, maple-glazed bacon, roasted tomato, sauteed mushrooms, potato rosti and wholemeal toast. For $21, this dish ain't cheap, but it's worth every single penny. Every element was cooked nicely. Trust me, the portion is super big. If you don't come with an empty tummy yet you insist to have it by yourself, good luck to you.

Greek Yoghurt, Summer Berries & Granola - $6
This treat was enjoyable although it's served casually in a plastic glass. Crunchy granola plus yoghurt and berries was truly a refreshing combination!

This is a place you gotta visit even for once - come here for the food and the view! The view is just superb - I can forever sit there, relax and enjoy the serene atmosphere! With white colored yachts and cruise ships parked at the dock, I felt like I was in Europe or Docklands instead of Singapore haha. Overall, it is a beautiful place to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.

-

2 Keppel Bay Vista
Marina at Keppel Bay
Singapore 098382
+65-67760777
Opening hours: 9am - 12am

Comments

Popular Posts