[Closed] FIX Cafe, Singapore

FIX Cafe is a cafe located at HomeTeam NS Balestier (nearest MRT is Toa Payoh). It is not a very accessible place to be honest. The nearest MRT is Toa Payoh, and you will still have to walk for about 15 minutes. FIX Cafe has swimming pool view and the ambiance is good for chilling out with friends. Orders are to be placed at the counter and the staff will serve our food later on. Anyway, FIX Cafe is opened by the same people behind GRUB, and it is already Halal-certified!

Cold Mocha - $5.90
Thumbs up for their iced mocha! The chocolate and caffeine were in perfect balance, making it one of the best mochas I had ever tried in Singapore.

Fish & Chips - $11
To my surprise, the dish came in a plate I usually used to feed my cats lol. The fish was super huge, the batter was crispy but a bit too peppery. The fries was generous as well - the fish was literally placed on the bed of fries, so the fries filled the whole plate. My friend said she could finish Fish & Co.'s fish & chips, but not this one - not sure whether it was a complaint or praise haha. In fact, $11 is really worth for such a filling meal!

Donuts with Salted Egg Dip - $6
It is a must order when you visit FIX! This dish is famous all over food blogs, every food blogger orders it and gives positive review. All these 6 pieces of donut were so fluffy and airy, even when they were no longer warm. The salted egg dip was top-notch! I finished the dipping before the donuts as it was just too good!

I was a satisfied customer that day at FIX. The price here is affordable, brunch menus will not cost you more than 15 bucks. There is also set menu with drink included, which certainly more value-for-money than ala carte. Even though there is no service charge, they don't compromise the service quality. The cashier apparently took my order wrongly - he wrote chicken tikka naanwich instead of fish & chips. I did not realize it was written on the receipt, until the other staff came serving the naanwich. I told him I ordered fish & chips (I had not read the receipt) and he went back asking the cashier. He came for the second time and said I ordered naanwich. By this time I then referred to the receipt, and got shocked coz it really said naanwich. I felt guilty for not double-checking my order at the counter, and felt sorry that they had to waste that naanwich. I told him that the cashier probably had inputted my order wrongly (thankfully both dishes have same price). Again, he checked with the other staffs. He approached my table for the third time and said they would replace the naanwich with the fish & chips and they were currently preparing it. Finally a plate of fish & chips arrived safely on my table, phew! I really appreciate the staff's gesture of changing the wrong order. Overall, this is a cafe worth making a trip to. I will be back for sure!

-

31 Ah Hood Road, #01-06
HomeTeam NS - JOM Clubhouse
Singapore 329979
+65-62561484
IG: fixsg
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts