[Closed] Charlie Brown Cafe, Singapore

I first spotted Charlie Brown Cafe in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, but did not manage to try it there. I was excited to see its outlet at 313@Somerset, but then again, I had no chance to try, until it closed down. Good thing, there are two other outlets at Cineleisure and OneKM. I finally got to try this cafe at the Cineleisure outlet.

Chocolate Frappe - $4.90
It is mediocre and don't even start comparing it with Starbucks'. What got me upset the most was that the plastic glass did not came with Charlie Brown logo on it! Well, I kinda paid for the theme ya know, and how could they call themselves Charlie Brown Cafe when the glass did not even have the freakin' Charlie Brown logo! *facepalm*

Mango Apple Slush - $4.90 (regular size)
My friend was about to order this, but the staff said they were running out of apple. Therefore, the menu became mango slush. After the staff had left, I burst out into laughter. I told my friend that her drink should come in half price since there was no apple in it lol.

Linus' Raspberry - $9.80
Initially, I was about to have lunch here, but then the dessert attracted me more (actually I had heard that the food served here was overpriced and not worth it). The pancakes were cloyingly floury. The raspberry puree and the cookies and cream ice cream were still okay at least. Another bright side, the cute Linus logo drawn on top of the pancake put a little smile on my face (Linus is my favorite character in Peanuts Family).

I was disappointed with the food at Charlie Brown Cafe. The food is nothing memorable, you actually pay for the theme and atmosphere, not for good food. If you like Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts Family members, you gotta visit this place at least once. By the way, we did not know that we were supposed to pay at the counter and we asked the staff for the bill instead. The staff then said, "ok lah, I'll send the bill to you" haha.

-

8 Grange Road, #04-01
Cathay Cineleisure Orchard
Singapore 239695
+65-673795979
IG: charliebrowncafesg
Opening hours: 11am - 11pm (Mon - Thu & Sun) // 11am - 1am (Fri - Sat)

Comments

Popular Posts