The Workbench Bistro, Singapore

F&B business in Singapore (especially cafe) really grows rapidly that we can find many cafes in every part of this small island. Nowadays, there has been a trend to set up a cafe business in the neighborhoods. Yesterday was my first time trying neighborhood cafe. The Workbench Bistro is located at Ang Mo Kio town, just below an HDB flat. It is interesting to see a cozy-looking cafe standing among hawker centre, supermarket and mama shop - what a contrast! This certainly draws people's attention. I saw everyone took a glimpse of this cafe every time they was passing by. My friend and I joked around that with the existence of supermarket next door, this cafe would not be running out of food supply, because the staffs could just go out from the backdoor to the supermarket whenever they needed a certain ingredient haha. The menu here is not really extensive, only one-sided menu with limited food choice. Besides typical cafe menu like coffee, light bites and a few of main course, they also offer ice cream and waffle.

Garlic Fries - $8.90
It was quite funny to see the fries being served on a metal tray. I was thinking, "wow, it's real garlic fries. They even put garlic cloves and skin inside". The garlic seasoning was strong, but super addictive. I guiltlessly enjoyed the skin as well (my friend even gobbled the garlic clove and immediately regretted his decision haha). There was sour cream dipping on the side, which reminded me of Pringles sour cream and onion flavor. Perfect match!

Oven Baked Creamy Chicken Pasta - $14
The cream sauce was tad too watery for me. My friend said he could only find one slice of bacon.

Oven Baked Beef Lasagne - $11
It had been a while since the last time I ate lasagna. Although the portion was a bit too small, I did not complain as it was tasty with abundant amount of minced beef.

Overall, The Workbench did a pretty well done job as a neighborhood cafe. Their garlic fried is definitely the one worth coming back for! Prices quoted in the menu are nett, self-service system applies, and free-flow plain water is available.

-

332 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, #01-1881
Singapore 560332
+65-64520810
Opening hours: 12pm - 10pm (Mon - Thu) // 12pm - 11pm (Fri) // 10am - 11pm (Sat) // 10am - 10pm (Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts