LeNu 樂牛 Taiwan Beef Noodle Bar + Miam Miam, Singapore

I was at Bugis Junction and wanted to have lunch, but I got bored with the dining options there. Then I spotted a restaurant called LeNu which offered authentic Taiwan-style noodle. LeNu literally means 'happy cow' in Chinese. There are no service charge and GST here. Upon arrival, we will be given an order sheet to be filled and given to the cashier staff. Your order will then be served to your table after you make the payment.

Braised Beef Shank Noodle - $8.90
I had my meal come with thin noodle in authentic braised beef soup. The soup has a fragrant herbs scent. According to what is written in the menu, the beef used has been bruised for at least 3 hours, which results in the tenderness of it. Beef shank might not be a popular type of beef meat as it somehow had a tough texture, but LeNu's beef shank was meaty and tender. The noodle was just okay with the right springiness. By the way, you can choose your preferred type of noodle: thin, broad or rice noodle. The portion was generous with thick slices of beef. The beef was well-seasoned and tender. The soup was rich and beefy also. It would be good to add some chili into the soup for extra punch, but sadly I could not take the spiciness haha.

It was a satisfying meal after all. In terms of quality, quantity, and value for money, LeNu have all those three. Now I know where to have authentic Taiwanese noodle. I will obviously return here for another bowl of noodle.

-

200 Victoria Street, #B1-22
Bugis Junction
Singapore 188021
+65-63367965
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm


-

My second stop after LeNu was Miam Miam. 'Miam' literally means 'yummy' in French. It is a casual cafe serving French-Japanese food, so you can expect to find matcha and souffle in one place!

Famous French Toast - $15.80
I got tempted to order this dish, which was marked as 'all-time favorite'. When I took a snap of it, the cream had slipped from its original position haha. That white blob was actually whipped cream, not vanilla ice cream like what I (and probably you, as well) had initially thought. The toast was rather burnt, but still delightful. The cubical shape made it easier to eat the toast. I love the eggy flavor, especially when paired with the cream. An absolute must-try here.

Caramelised Banana Pancakes - $13.80
The pancake was supposed to be served with soft-serve ice cream, but then the staff apologized that there was a problem with the ice cream machine, thus they asked us if it was okay to replace the soft-serve with whipped cream. Boo, no choice though. The pancake was a bit too dry for my liking, but the texture was fluffy like pillow. I particularly like the caramelised bananas, it was so yummy!

If you are looking for sinful Japanese-style dessert with a French twist, I would recommend Miam Miam. Note that you may need to bear with the relatively long preparation time. The staff had told us in advance that it would take around 25 minutes to prepare our dessert. Plus, high chance that there will be a queue in front of the cafe during lunch and dinner time. Another downside, the plain water is chargeable at 50 cents.

No idea why I was making this expression

-

200 Victoria Street, #02-14
Bugis Junction
Singapore 188021
+65-68370301
Opening hours: 11.30am - 10pm (Mon - Thu) // 11am - 10pm (Fri - Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts