Wee Nam Kee 威南記海南鷄飯, Surabaya

Chicken rice lovers like me would be happy to know that Wee Nam Kee, a famous chicken rice shop from Singapore had opened its first Surabaya branch at TP6. I have tried the one in Singapore before, but I forgot how it tasted like - therefore I wanted to give it a second try and to channel my craving for Singapore-style chicken rice.

The place is spacious and clean with plenty of power points (although it is somehow ridiculous to see people opening their laptop in a chicken rice shop). Wee Nam Kee is often packed with groups of family and colleague, so during peak hours 'waiting list' may occur.

The condiments


 Funny how the chicken broth was served after the chicken rice haha. Anyway, the broth was tasty enough to boost my appetite. 


Personal Set Chicken Rice - IDR62,000
To fully satisfy my craving, I got this personal set chicken rice consisting of Hainan rice, roasted chicken (it is a choice of roasted/steamed/soya sauce chicken), kailan with oyster sauce, and iced tea. The chicken meat was tender, lean, and it went perfectly with the ginger paste. Eat the skin last for an ultimate guilty pleasure. Meanwhile, the Hainan rice was fragrant yet not too greasy (so glad I could finally be able to eat good Hainan rice). The kailan was nicely cooked with a lovely crunch. Paying IDR62,000 for this is definitely worth it!

Fu Rong Omelette - IDR55,000
It had a soft texture with delicate savory flavor, making it a great decent accompanying side dish to our meal.

Dumpling Soup - IDR56,000
I did not really like the taste of the broth, it felt weird to me. The filling of the dumplings was fresh though, with black fungus bits inside.

Salt & Pepper Squid - IDR75,000
The squids were coated in a crisp, golden batter with satisfying crunch. The texture was chewy but not tough. I enjoyed it the most!

Overall, it was a delicious lunch. The price ain't cheap though, but I feel it is completely okay to treat myself to a good meal like this once in a while. With a large range of zi char dishes available, Wee Nam Kee is an ideal place for family gathering, especially on special occasions like CNY and birthdays.

-

Tunjungan Plaza 6, 5th Floor
Jl. Embong Malang 32-36
Surabaya, Indonesia 60261
+6231-99241036
IG: weenamkee.sby
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts