[Closed] Guden Specialty Coffee, Surabaya

It was a Saturday and as usual, I needed to get my caffeine fix. Instagram brought me to Guden Coffee, a newly-opened coffee shop located inside a skate retail store called Legasy. The store and the cafe are separated by a sliding door.


The Legasy store looks so cool and they even have indoor skateboard ramp (do not get shocked if you suddenly hear skateboard noises while sipping your coffee). They mostly sell original snapbacks, T-shirts and skateboards from famous brands like Trashers and Stussy.

The space is bathed in natural light, perfect for morning-to-afternoon photo-taking





Flat White - IDR25,000
Sorry to say, but I'm not a fan of their coffee. Presentation wise, my flat white looks unassuming. The coffee was faint and lacking kick. I'm okay with having no latte art on my coffee, but at least give me decent cuppa please.


Es Kopi Lagi - IDR20,000
Es kopi susu is always a good option when you want something light and affordable. The drink was milky enough but the palm sugar gave a weird aftertaste.


Nachos - IDR30,000
There are only a few no-frill food items here like spaghetti, fries and bread. I had nachos to share with my brother. Simple, just packet Doritos served with salsa. We ain't hard to please - this super ordinary nachos was gobbled in no time.

Overall, despite the title 'specialty coffee' this cafe hold, I think it is just another run-of-the-mill coffee shop. The vibe was pleasant though, perhaps that is the perk of being located inside a skate clothing store. The service is relatively prompt and amicable, not to mention the prices are wallet-friendly too.

-

Jl. Bawean 37
Surabaya, Indonesia 60246
+6281555481827
IG: gudencoffee
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm (Mon - Thu & Sat - Sun) / 1pm - 10pm (Fri)

Comments

Popular Posts