Coffee at Louis, Surabaya

Today I visited a not-so-new cafe in the city center called Coffee at Louis (sounds like cool name right?). I had been here before, but I did not manage to try their coffee so I did not blog it. Coffee at Louis is not located on Louis Street, Louis Road, Louis Avenue and Louis so forth, but it is located on Jl. Trunojoyo. Turn left before Artotel and you will see the cafe on your left.



Upon seating, we were served a glass of plain water (I hope all coffee shops in Indo follow this practice lol)

French Earl Grey Tea - IDR30,000
The earl grey fragrance was there albeit quite mild. Still, it is perfect to drink on a rainy day like this.


Flat White - IDR32,000
Just recently, I had shifted my preferred coffee from cafe latte to flat white as it offered stronger milk-based coffee with lesser (or even no) foam as compared to latte. The flat white at Louis was smooth with slight sweetness and richness.

Iced Chai Latte - IDR32,000
It was my virgin experience trying out chai latte and I gotta say I would not drink it over again lol. The spice taste was actually mild, but I still found the overall taste weird to my liking.

Karaage Chicken Rice Bowl on Butter Rice - IDR60,000
Despite the expensive price tag, I actually enjoyed my rice bowl. The chicken was crispy and well-seasoned, the veggies were fresh, and the rice was buttery and tasty. The food came quite long but thank goodness it was worth the wait.

Poached Pear - IDR50,000
This treat can be enjoyed as both starter and dessert. I think the pear was a tad overcooked though, but it was nice to pair with the spiced syrup. Nonetheless, the overall dish was enjoyable.

Chocolate Brownie - IDR20,000
Each bite of brownie was filled with chocolatey flavor. The consistency was good - it was firm and did not easily crumble down.


Overall, I like the food and coffee here even though the food is somewhat overpriced. The baristas are all friendly and always up for conversations. If you are looking for a place to do some work, you will appreciate the easy access to power points in indoor area to keep your gadget's battery sufficient.

-

Jl. Trunojoyo 69
Surabaya, Indonesia 60264
+6282233046369
Opening hours: 8am - 10pm (Mon & Wed - Sun)
Closed on Tue

Comments

Popular Posts