[Closed] The Lab SG, Singapore

Today my friend and I had dinner at a laboratory. Whut, a lab?! Yup, this so called 'lab' is actually a Halal cafe called The Lab SG on Jalan Pisang, Kampong Glam area. As the name suggests, you may expect to see experimental and unusual food here. However, you also know that I like to play safe most of the time, so do not be surprised if you find no peculiar food in this post.


Strawberry Cheesecake Monster Milkshake - $12
For the drink we both just had plain water, but I was curious of their OTT milkshake, so my friend offered me to order one for sharing. The milkshake is a blend of cheesecake ice cream and strawberry puree, decorated with whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles, wafer, biscuit, strawberry Pocky, froot loops and gem biscuits. Sweetness overload indeed! Within the first sip it tasted like cough syrup, but eventually it began to taste more sourish like strawberry yoghurt. Pretty well-executed, but certainly not the best OTT milkshake I have ever tried.

The Lab Chick - $12
It is a kind of toasted bread with grilled chicken breast, mesclun and aioli. The bread was super huge and upon seeing it, my friend predicted I would not be able to finish it. As a side dish, they gave a mix of sweet potato and potato fries. I did not normally like sweet potato, but The Lab's version was quite likable to me. The garlic-herb taste in the chicken meat was strong, but the meat was a bit dry. As my friend had predicted, I could not finish my food, leaving half of the bread untouched.

Overall, the food at The Lab SG is decent and reasonably priced. The space is a little bit crampy inside but they have outdoor seating as well. The service was friendly and prompt, no complain!

-

1 Jalan Pisang
Singapore 199069
+65-62995681
Opening hours: 12pm - 10pm (Mon - Sat) //1pm - 9.30pm (Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts