Whisk & Paddle, Singapore

I fell in love with Whisk & Paddle for having a lovely view overlooking the river. Last time when I went cycling to Punggol, I found this family-friendly cafe and wanted to eat here, but due to the long waiting list, my friends and I decided to eat at Popeyes instead since we did not have much time left to return our bikes. So as I happened to be in Punggol again, I did not waste the opportunity to eat here.

Doesn't the pic above look lovely? I felt like I was somewhere outside Singapore! This bright and airy spot is perfect to chill while admiring the beautiful river view. It is a nice retreat from the hustle and bustle of Singapore's concrete jungle.

Plain water is free, but please help yourself to refill it from the water dispenser

Iced Honey Lemon - $4.90
The glass looks cute yea? Anyway, this drink was refreshing with a tinge of sourness.


Iced Mocha Latte - $7.50
Initially, I ordered iced chocolate, but apparently the staff mistook my order and served me iced mocha latte instead. Never mind, I just accepted it haha. I like how my 'wrong drink' is served though. There were two cubes of espresso in the glass and a bottle of chocolate milk to mix together with the espresso cubes. It is a brilliant and unique way of having iced mocha, although it tasted just like normal iced latte for me. Could not really taste the chocolate here.

French Toast with Thick-Cut Bacon & Eggs - $16.80
The French toast cost $10.80 while bacon and scrambled eggs were added for $6. I like the French toast. Although it was somewhat burnt, it retained the eggy and buttery flavor. The bacon and scrambled eggs were just normal to me.

Eggs Benedict with Honey Baked Ham - $14.80
It was my first time having eggs benedict on top of waffle instead of the usual English muffin or brioche, but it was not bad at all - in fact, I felt it was more filling despite getting only half round of waffle. You can also opt for the smoked salmon, bacon, or sauteed mushrooms to pair with the dish. As my fork broke the surface of the poached eggs, glorious runny egg yolk oozed out and blended perfectly with the hollandaise sauce. The waffle was yummy too, it tasted slightly sweet and had fluffy texture. For $13, I think it is reasonably priced and I would obviously love to come back for this.


Cha Yen Krup - $9.80
We ended our lunch with a sweet note by having this dessert. The word 'cha yen' (which means Thai milk tea) made me tempted to order it from the menu. It is like a kind of parfait with cha yen macaron, sugar toasts, butter cake cubes, almond flakes, Movenpick vanilla ice cream, Graham crumbs and cha yen-flavored cream. I love how the soft and roasty-flavored cha yen cream matched well with the sweet ice cream and crunchy almond flakes.



Whisk & Paddle is one ulu cafe worth travelling to. The nearest LRT station is Riviera, but you still will have to walk a bit to reach this cafe. But trust me, your time and effort to get here will be paid off! It is very relaxing there and your eyes will be pampered by the picturesque view. Food wise, it was decent and reasonably priced too, ranging from $10-$30 for the mains. Do take note that their kitchen closes at 2.45pm - 4pm every weekend and public holiday; during that time only drinks and desserts will be available.




Beautiful scenery of Punggol Waterway Park


I found the famous Instagram tree! <3 Sadly it has been cut down by HDB coz the tree was dead :(

-

10 Tebing Lane, #01-01
Singapore 828836
+65-62424617
IG: whiskandpaddlesg
Opening hours: 3.30pm - 10.30pm (Tue - Fri) // 9.30am - 10.30pm (Sat - Sun & PH)
Closed on Mon except for PH


Comments

Popular Posts