Christmas Candlelight Service 2015

One of the things I love about Christmas is the candlelight procession. There is no better way to spend Christmas eve than attending candlelight service and feeling its solemn, enchanting atmosphere. On the Christmas eve, my cellgroup and I were attending the candlelight service at City Harvest Church, and it was my very first candlelight service in Singapore (did not manage to come  in the last 2 years haha).


Took selfies before the service started

And then the magical time began... Pastor Kong Hee lit up the first candle and the flame was passed down from one candle to another. It traveled through the whole hall slowly and it was really a beautiful sight to behold. The hall was immediately filled with glowing dots as people started singing 'Silent Night' and 'O Holy Night'. Ah, I felt peaceful and contented.


Bokeh everywhere <3





We were given time to take photos with our loved ones. It felt so nice to see everyone gather with their family and friends, holding up candles and smiling brightly for the photos. So did I, I took some pics of myself and of course, together with my beloved cellgroup. Even though we might be away from our family, we were thankful that we got to spend this year's Christmas with awesome people around us that were just like family.






Once again, I felt joyful and my heart was full of thankfulness. I thanked God for everything that He had done in my life. He is truly the reason for the season. Merry Christmas people! May the love of Jesus be with you not just during the Christmas season, but through every step of your life.

Comments

Popular Posts