Random Eats: October - December 2015

Item: Medium Yogurt + 3 toppings - $5.90
Location: Llaollao (Bugis+, Singapore)
I'm a big fan of Llaollao's candy milk sauce! Also, I simply love to pair my froyo with crunchy toppings like muesli and cookies because the grainy texture just goes really well with the smooth and creamy froyo.

Item: Rainbow Connection - $5.50
Location: Cereally Good (Chai Chee Drive, Singapore)
From the default menu, I had this bowl consisting of Koko Krunch, Trix and marshmallows, accompanied with two bottles of strawberry milk. While I think the cereals they offer are pretty mainstream, I love the idea of having marshmallows with cereals and milk. Also, I think it's overpriced considering I can easily prepare this bowl anytime at home (except that we don't have Trix back in Indo).

Item: Butter Milo Kopi - $5
Location: 7Kickstart University Cafe (Singapore Management University, Singapore)
Where is the buttery taste?! It tasted just like normal instant packet coffee leh. The Milo was also only that powder they put on the surface. Seriously, don't waste your money on this.

Item: Fish & Chips - $7.90
Location: 7Kickstart University Cafe (Singapore Management University, Singapore)
It was super mediocre. Thankfully the price was quite reasonable.

Item: Thai Milk Tea - $3.90
Location: Soi 55 Thai Tea & Coffee (The Cathay, Singapore)
Soi 55's Thai tea is basically the kind of Thai tea that I like. It got roasty taste while the level of sweetness and milkiness were just right. It comes in a large-sized glass (one size only), too much for me to finish it by myself. You can add some toppings such as pearls, sago and red ruby for a few cents. Me, who usually added pearls into every drink chose not to do this coz I realized it would be annoying for other movie-goers listening to the sound I would make when sucking the pearls haha. That's so considerate of me uh?

Item: Iced Cocoa Shakerato - $7
Location: Cocoa Colony (313@Somerset, Singapore)
The signature shakerato instantly became my favorite drink at Cocoa Colony! The chocolate flavor was strong and the sweetness was just the way that I liked. Love love it!

Item: Milo Dinosaur Sundae Dirt Pot - $10.50
Location: Swensen's (ION Orchard, Singapore)
I always love potted desserts for their beautiful presentation, but in my opinion Swensen's version looks too plain. It is just Milo ice cream inside the pot, topped with Milo powder and a piece of worm gummy candy. I think it is rather overpriced, but at least the Milo ice cream was yummy and I give plus point for the creativity.

Item: Chocolate Fondue - $22.90
Location: Swensen's (ION Orchard, Singapore)
Sinful, that is one word to represent this fondue. The fondue plate came with five kinds of ice cream (chocolate, mint, strawberry, mocha almond fudge and cookies n cream), cherries, strawberries, bananas, marshmallow cubes, chocolate profiteroles and wafers. I love every element of this treat, especially the marshmallow. Marshmallow plus melted chocolate is just an irresistibly deadly combination.

Item: Tumpeng Mini - $9.80
Location: IndoChili (Capitol Piazza, Singapore)
Tumpeng is an Indonesian dish usually cooked for special occasions. This tumpeng mini consists of yellow rice, ayam bumbu rujak, perkedel (begedil/potato cake), beef floss, achar and keropok. My friend got really excited to see nasi tumpeng in Singapore haha. The dish turned out pretty yummy though.

Item: Fish & Chips - $6.50
Location: Foodfare (AMK Hub, Singapore)
The tomato-based spaghetti was too sour and they also put white sauce on the side of the plate (maybe it was meant to be tartar sauce for fish & chips?). Nevertheless, the fish meat was soft and it was coated with crispy panko batter.

Item: Mixed Rice - $2.80
Location: Food Haven (James Cook University, Singapore)
I have been visiting this stall quite often for breakfast in school, as it was the only stall that opened early in the morning. The auntie was friendly although she was not very generous in giving the food lol. The choice was rather limited in the morning and I usually settled for a luncheon meat, rice, fried egg and some cabbage. The cabbage tasted nice and delicious (and healthy too), the luncheon meat was quite salty and the fried egg was too oily.


Item: Roasted Chicken Rice Set - $4
Location: Chicken Rice Stall (Albert Hawker Centre, Singapore)
I think $4 for chicken rice set is a pretty good deal. The chicken meat was tender and the roasted skin tasted sinful as usual. The oyster sauce veggie was well-cooked too but the sauce was too salty and there was no fried shallot on it.

Item: Green Tea Snow Ice - $4.20
Location: DessertStory (Nex, Singapore)
We had green tea snow ice which came with red bean. Sadly, I could not really taste the green tea flavor so the green color was just pure food coloring. The red bean given was also too little, so we had to eat the snow ice alone after the red bean had been finished.

Item: Truffle Fries
Location: McDonald's (Bugis Junction, Singapore)
In case you don't know, truffle fries is a trendy cafe fare in Singapore, and McDonald's has decided to jump on the bandwagon with this truffle flavored fries (I call it 'flavored' as they use seasoning powder, not real truffle oil). GGWP, Mac. Anyway, all I tasted was salt, pepper and a slight hint of garlic. Totally no hint of truffle haha (this is not surprising though).

Item: Red Velvet McFlurry - $2.90
Location: McDonald's (Bugis Junction, Singapore)
I expected this to at least taste cheesy, but it tasted nothing like red velvet cake. It is just vanilla soft-serve with red coloring. Let's just say I was paying extra 40 cents to add some food coloring to my ice cream lol.

Item: Tortilla Salsa Crunch Chicken - $8.80
Location: Texas Chicken (The Star Vista, Singapore)
This is Texas' seasonal menu for Christmas 2015. The crunchiness is doubled with the combination of chicken, tortilla bits and salsa seasoning.

Item: Green Tea Ice Cream - IDR28,000
Location: Ice Manias (Galaxy Mall, Surabaya)
We were given an order sheet which allowed us to choose 1 ice cream base flavor, 2 toppings and 1 sauce. Whipped cream is optional and free. I personally like my green tea flavor. It was neither too sweet nor too bitter. I love having fluffy and chewy stuff as topping, so I chose marshmallow and nata de coco. The kiwi sauce added some sour sensation to the ice cream. The whipped cream was a bit annoying though. It was too thick and left an unpleasant aftertaste.

Item: Kue Cubit Greentea + Marshmallow - IDR14,000
Location: Sabisih 2 (Jl. Raya Menur, Surabaya)
As usual, I had my kue cubit half baked. It was okay but I think the green tea tasted rather artificial.

Comments

Popular Posts