Saveur, Singapore

On a Sunday, my cell-group mates and I had our lunch at Saveur after church service. I have been wanting to eat at Saveur for a long time already, but every time I see people queuing outside, it always turns me down. Luckily, it did not look that crowded that time when we came down. I saw a machine dispensing the queue ticket, and I thought it would take long for us to get a seat. Moreover, there were some people on the waiting list already. Surprisingly, it did not take long after before a staff ushered us to a 10-seat table. Each of us ordered one dish from the main course selections and a glass of iced water. The staff kindly informed us that plain water was chargeable at 30 cents.


Signature Duck Confit - $22
It is one of the restaurant's best-seller dishes, no wonder I saw every table ordering it (in fact 9 of us ordered this dish haha). The taste kinda reminded me of Indonesian 'bebek goreng' (fried duck), but with a touch of French. The duck was nicely cooked, the skin is crispy and the meat was fork-tender albeit slightly too salty for my liking. The mashed potato was perfection - it tasted different in a good way and matched nicely with the orange segment. I had definitely spent good money on this dish.

Chicken Rolade - $10.90
Upon seeing the word 'foie gras', I was a bit doubtful to try it since I did not eat inner parts of animal (except chicken intestines) and I had never tried foie gras before. Plus, I know how cruel the process  is to get the foie gras from a goose. My friend ensured me to try. I detected a bit of weird taste (maybe it was the foie gras), but overall, it was not something that would make me refuse to give a second try. The basmati rice was soft, creamy and went well with the parmesan cheese sauce.

Overall, we enjoyed our lunch at Saveur.  French food, which often translates to fine dining, has been made wallet-friendly to the masses here. The ambiance looks nice with the chandeliers and elegant black color, but due to the noisiness, I guess not a suitable place for romantic dining. The place is also not really spacious - the tables are placed really close to one another. Nevertheless, I was delighted with the friendly service of their young staffs. They were prompt, friendly, and always put a smile on their faces even though it was a busy afternoon. I will definitely come back!

-

5 Purvis Street, #01-04
Singapore 188584
+65-63333121
IG: saveursg
Opening hours: 12pm - 2.30pm & 5pm - 9.30pm (Mon - Fri) // 12pm - 9.30pm (Sat - Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts