Orchard Road + NaNa Thai + Christmas Wonderland at Gardens by the Bay, Singapore

Merry Christmas 2015 everyone! To spend this year's Christmas day, my friend and I went out to Orchard Road to take some pics with the Christmas decorations and to have lunch there.

Christmas tree at Grand Hyatt Hotel



Posing with the Christmas tree without photobombers is just impossible to do haha

Playing tourists


Posing in front of Hermes store just because it looks cool

I was craving for Thai food on the Christmas day (sounds weird I know haha), so I brought my friend to eat at NaNa Thai for lunch. This restaurant is located at Far East Plaza, a mall full of good and cheap eateries. 

Thai Iced Tea - $3
How can you not order Thai tea in a Thai restaurant? Sadly, I did not find NaNa's Thai iced tea worth my $3.

Chicken Fried Rice - $10 (medium size)
We decided to share a plate of fried rice since none of us felt like eating plain white rice. The taste is simple, nothing special. The chicken meat was generous and the medium portion was just right for two people.

Butter Sotong - $12 (small size)
I was hoping to find salted egg sotong in the menu, but I could not find it! Thus, I opted for butter sotong instead. It tasted pretty nice, just the butter seasoning was too sweet for my liking. A small portion turned out to be sufficient for us two, glad that we did not get the medium haha.

I feel that their food is more toward Chinese rather than Thai food. It took quite a long time for our food to come. Furthermore, the price is slightly more expensive compared to other Thai eateries like Nakhon. However, I like their friendliness of service and the big portion of their food.

-

14 Scotts Road, #04-22
Far East Plaza
Singapore 228213
+65-63338263
Opening hours: 11.30am - 10pm



-

After our lunch at Far East Plaza, we headed to Christmas Wonderland at Gardens by the Bay. Christmas Wonderland is Singapore's biggest Christmas fair, and it is already their second year in this sunny island. There is no admission fee and it features festival market along with carnival games, skating rink and light sculptures.



Skal Original Milk - $2.70
From one of the food stalls, I got this Japanese skimmed milk soda. It tasted like the creamier and less fizzy version of Calpis.

Ninetytea Earl Grey Milk Tea - $5
I did not really fancy earl grey, but the other variants were all sold out so I had no choice. The earl grey flavor was strong enough and it was quite refreshing to drink on this hot Christmas day.

Hi there photobomb zeh zeh!



Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts