iSteaks Diner + [Outlet Closed] Nunsaram Korean Dessert Cafe, Singapore

Today we happened to be in Serangoon Garden area. We checked out MyVillage, a small mall in this area. Apparently, there were not many selections of eatery here as compared to outside shophouses. Then we saw iSteaks Diner and Relish standing side by side on second floor and discussed where should we at. We decided to go for the former as we caught a glimpse of the menu that was reasonably priced. iSteaks Diner's concept is pretty much similar to Astons which sells affordable grilled food. What differentiates iSteaks from Astons is that they implements free-seating like food court, where we are required to order at the counter. There is a separated drink counter as well. After settling our order, we will get a table number and our food will then be served by the staff.

Ice Horlicks - $1.80
The drink here is typical hawker drink, such as Milo, teh, kopi and Horlicks. I was kinda craving for Horlicks, thus I decided to get a glass of cold Horlicks. Unfortunately this did not taste good as it was kinda watered down. It was not stirred well as I could still feel lumps of raw powder inside.

Honey Ginger Chicken - $10.50
Just like Astons, every main course here comes with 2 complements of your choice. My friend chose French fries and baked olive rice as the complements. She said the honey ginger sauce tasted like maple syrup haha.

Lemon Pepper Chicken - $10.50
I chose to pair my chicken with French fries and mac n cheese. The shell-shaped macaroni was coated with thick cheese sauce, and the texture was kinda hard to chew. The fries was almost tasteless (I wished they used shoestring fries instead of this kind). The chicken was marinated nicely and the meat was tender. I could not find any trace of lemon though, so it was quite a letdown that the sauce became more like black pepper sauce. The meat was a bit oily but the portion was truly satisfying.

Overall, it was a nice meal at iSteaks Diner. The price is pocket-friendly, plus there are no GST and service charge. I spotted a number of ang mohs eating here - no surprise as MyVillage is located in an elite housing estate with a lot of expats residing there.

-

1 Maju Avenue, #02-03/04/05/06
MyVillage, Serangoon Gardens Estate
Singapore 556679
+65-62858839
IG: isteaksdiner
Opening hours: 11am - 11pm


-

After that we went far downtown to shop in Orchard area. Along the way, we stopped by Nunsaram to have some Korean bingsu. The place took over the space that was formerly occupied by Spanish Doughnuts (hais it closed even before I got the chance to try it).


Strawberry Bingsu - $15.90
My friend chose strawberry bingsu, which was a mountain of shaved ice topped with strawberries, strawberry syrup and whipped cream. Condensed milk was provided on the side. Texture wise, I prefer Nunsongyee or O'ma Spoon which with their smoother texture. Nunsaram's ice is not the melt-in-your-mouth type, I must say. But still, it was a delightful treat to eat in humid weather like this.

Oreo Bingsu - $13.90
I got my favorite Oreo bingsu, which came with a heap of Oreo crumbs, Oreo cookies, almond, whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. Well, you really cannot go wrong with Oreo. Without the presence of Oreo, this bingsu would be very tasteless.

Overall, I don't think I might come back to indulge in their other bingsu flavors. I would rather stick Nunsongyee and O'ma Spoon with the same amount of price, and I will just eat ice kachang when I'm too broke lol.

-

181 Orchard Road, #05-51/52
Orchard Central
Singapore 238896
IG: nunsaram_cafe
Opening hours: 11.30am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts