[Closed] First Love Patisserie, Surabaya

After our cafe sesh, my friends and I headed to Tunjungan Plaza for some window shopping. We then decided to get some sweet treat from First Love Patisserie. First Love Patisserie is a place that serves mille crepe as its specialty. I first saw this cakery in Raffles City Singapore, and honestly I just knew that First Love is 100% originated from Indonesia after my friend told me that it had been opened in Tunjungan Plaza.


Green Tea Mille Crepe - IDR35,000
Yes, I do like the beautiful presentation. But unfortunately, First Love's mille crepe is a disappointment to me, despite being a signature product. The crepe cake was rather icy, it was hard to cut through - a far cry from Lareia's mille crepe which allowed my fork to slide through every layer smoothly. The green tea flavor somehow tasted too artificial, leaving an unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth.

So sorry, but First Love's mille crepe is totally a letdown. With only a few thousands Rupiah more, I  would choose Lareia over First Love! However, I would like to give them a second chance since I have yet to try the one in Singapore. I have seen some good reviews about the Singapore outlet, so to be fair, I probably should get down there soon and see whether it is just a matter of consistency.

-

Tunjungan Plaza 3, 3rd Floor, Unit 91-92
Jl. Jenderal Basuki Rahmat 8-12
Surabaya, Indonesia 60261
+6231-5450081
IG: firstlovepatisserie
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts