IKEA, Singapore

What's not to love about IKEA? Frankly speaking, I always grumble every time my parents ask me to accompany them to furniture shops coz there is nothing to see there. But since I moved to Singapore and knew a place called IKEA, I found myself becoming a regular visitor of this furniture shop. There are a lot of interesting things here - you can take a lot of pics including OOTD (remember the self-service warehouse that is famous among Insta-kids?), buy some furniture or home knick-knacks, and of course have some cheap meal at their restaurant.




Not really a hipster pose uh?

And yay we finally reached the highlight of every visit to IKEA: eating at IKEA Restaurant!!!

Oxygenated Water - $0.50
Priced at just 50 cents, it is definitely much cheaper than buying at 7-Eleven.

Lemon Tea - $1.50
Normal iced lemon tea. It's refillable btw.

Soup of the Day - $3
The soup of the day was forest mushroom soup. The soup was creamy and thick while the mushroom taste was very strong.

Swedish Meatballs (16 pcs) - $10
This is a must buy whenever I come to IKEA! Whenever the word 'IKEA' is mentioned, I immediately think of their Swedish meatballs haha. The meatballs are served with mashed potatoes (recently they have changed it to boiled potato), broccoli and brown gravy. At first I was hesitant if savory meatballs would match with sweet lingonberry jam, but it actually turned out pretty good. Fyi, IKEA Alexandra serves strictly halal meatballs only while both halal and non-halal versions are available at IKEA Tampines.

Top : Daim Cake - $3.20
Bottom : Chicken Wings (4 pcs) - $7.50
The cake is made using Daim chocolate. It tasted sweet and nutty, me likey! Meanwhile, IKEA's chicken wing is one of the best wings I have ever tried in Singapore, although I feel that the wings are on the small side. The meat was juicy and cooked well-done while the skin remained crispy on the outside.

Ready to dig in!

Happy girls with cheap food

Besides eating at IKEA Restaurant, I never leave IKEA without getting some light bites from IKEA Bistro, located one floor under the restaurant. Different from the restaurant that sells meatballs, IKEA Bistro sells snacks like hot dog, curry puff, donut and ice cream. Their snacks are super cheap, I swear. They even have a combo consisting of free-flow soft drink, ice cream and hot dog priced at only $2!

Ice Cream - $0.50
Happiness is cheap. Don't believe it? Go buy IKEA's soft-serve ice cream just for 50 cents! When you make a payment at the cashier, the staff will give you an empty ice cream cone and a coin. You can get the ice cream from a self-service ice cream machine. Insert the coin, and the machine will automatically dispense the ice cream for you. Why does it look so small? Haha don't complain, for 50 cents, you cannot expect it to be as big as McDonald's. But in term of taste, it far wins against Mac! It tastes milky but not overwhelming. One cone is never enough - trust me, you will spend another one or two 50 cents! By the way, if you feel the ice cream is too little, there are some videos on YouTube teaching you the ice cream machine hack haha. Do at your own risk ya haha.

I never get sick of IKEA, especially their food! It is my primary source of Swedish meatballs crave cure. Note that everything in IKEA restaurant is self-service - picking up the food (some items), collecting utensils, cleaning the table and returning the food trolley along with the tray. Oh ya, if I were to choose between IKEA Alexandra or Tampines, I would say I prefer IKEA Tampines as it is bigger. Moreover, there is free shuttle bus from Tampines MRT to IKEA, Giant and Court mega stores. The bus stand does not have any clear sign, but you can wait in front of Gong Cha (where the bus pick passengers up).

-

60 Tampines North Drive 2
Singapore 528764
+65-67866868
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm (Mon - Thu & Sun) // 10am - 11pm (Fri - Sat)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts