126 Dim Sum Wen Dou Shi 搵到食, Singapore

When talking about dim sum, most Singaporeans would probably mention 126 (Wen Dou Shi) as a recommended dim sum place. So yesterday I tried out this place after school for early dinner. It is located on Sims Avenue (Geylang), reachable within walking distance from my campus (I dunno whether it is good or bad thing for the campus to be located in Geylang, but hey, there is a lot of food around!). They offer a lot of dim sum varieties and some typical Chinese food dishes like fried rice and bee hoon, but sadly I could not find liu sha bao on the menu.

Water Chestnut - $2.80
The drink tasted so weird. The drink was not served in a glass, but they used some kind of plastic bowl used to contain food haha.

Left-back: Shrimp Dumpling - $3.80
The hakau was mediocre and the skin was too thick (too thick until I could not see the shrimp under the skin).

Right-back: Xiao Long Pow - $4
Meanwhile, the xiao long bao was a failure. There was no soup bursting from inside.

Prawn Siew-Mai - $4
My mouth literally made an 'O' shape when this basket of siew mai came. It was such a small piece of siew mai, even smaller than frozen siew mai I usually steamed at home!

Fried Prawn Dumpling - $4
Do not get deceived by the look. The dumplings were small and they tasted rather bland.

Fried Rice - $5
My friend said it was the worst, most tasteless fried rice she had ever eaten.

Century Egg & Minced Pork Porridge - $3
Thankfully the porridge fared much better than the dim sum, it was so nice to eat during a rainy day. The $3 paid was worth it since the serving was big enough to share.

This place is overrated, I do not understand why so many foodies recommend it (or maybe it was just not my lucky day). I was disappointed with the dim sum which tasted like frozen food — they were totally not worth the price. Swee Choon wins over 126 anytime yo.

-

126 Sims Avenue
Singapore 387449
+65-67464757
Opening hours: 24 hours

Comments

Popular Posts