Chir Chir Fusion Chicken Factory, Singapore

I have a special place in my heart for Korean fried chicken! Since my first time trying Korean chicken at 4 Fingers, I always love hunting for places that sell it. Thankfully, it is very easy to find Korean chicken in Singapore. This time, I managed to try a relatively new restaurant at 313@Somerset called 'Chir Chir'. Actually, I had been keeping an eye on this restaurant ever since it was first opened - however, every time I saw the insane queue, I refrained myself from trying it. I would not want to queue if I was in a very hungry condition.

It was 6.15pm that time. My friend and I predicted that the queue would still be manageable (at least not like when the clock strikes 7pm). But boy, we were wrong! The last person queuing was on the second row already! Since we did not have an urge to eat immediately, we patiently queued haha. Guess what, it took us 45 minutes in the line before we got a seat.

Chir Cream Beer - $18.90 (650ml)
It is one of Chir Chir's must-try items, topped with whipped cream to help sweeten the overall taste. Koreans love to pair chicken with beer right? By the way, if you are going here with your boyfriend, you can do the 'beer kiss' that is similar to 'cappuccino kiss'. When you drink this beer, the cream will leave a mark on your lips afterward. Then your boyfriend must kiss you to wipe off the cream lol.


Mac & Cheese - $9.90 (single portion)
Mac & cheese is always a crowd-pleaser. Chir Chir's mac and cheese was not overly cheesy and creamy so you would not feel cloying after few spoonfuls. The portion was just nice for sharing among 2 people.

A mini tong is provided for those who do not want to dirty their hands. Looks so cute yea haha. But heck, I prefer to eat my chicken in a barbaric way by using bare hands lol.

Garlicky Tenders - $26.90
Besides chicken tenders, they also threw in some fried tteokbokki and sweet potato. The garlic flavor was strong (beware of your breath haha), the tteokbokki added some chewy touch to the whole dish, and the sweet potato gave some carb intake.

Crispy Fried Chicken - $26.90
As the chicken here was freshly fried upon order, we had to wait for around 15 minutes for our fried chicken to come. There were 15 pieces of chicken (any part including wing and drumstick), served with honey mustard sauce and salsa. I love their chicken! It was so crispy and succulent without being overly greasy. After eating 6 pieces, I gave up coz I was too full already and the rest were eaten by my friend haha (I know I'm not a big eater).

I would totally recommend this place! It is really worth the hype and the queue. The service was friendly and prompt too, despite the always-busy situation. By the way, I would not suggest you going here alone. Come at least on group of two, since there is no individual menu here - all menus are meant for sharing. Sharing is caring right?

-

313 Orchard Road, #B3-04/05/06
313@Somerset
Singapore 238895
+65-65098364
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm (Mon - Thu & Sun) // 11am - 11pm (Fri - Sat)

Comments

Popular Posts