Food for Thought + [Outlet Closed] Tuk Tuk Cha, Singapore

Situated at the National Museum of Singapore area, Food for Thought is a cafe established with a good cause. The atmosphere is bright with glass windows that allow the sunlight to transmit its ray to inside. My friends and I had lunch there but I chose their breakfast stuff for my lunch.

Iced water is complimentary and refillable

House Works - $15
It consists of scrambled eggs, bacon, butter brioche, hash browns and cherry tomato salad. Although it is not as big as Full Works, it was still a filling meal. The scrambled egg had milky taste but it could be runnier. The bacon was savory and slightly oily. I like the bite-sized hash browns, they were crispy outside and soft inside. The brioche was just a simple plain bread, it did not taste buttery as stated in the menu. 

My breakfast plate was just passable - I think for a price tag of $15, more elements could be added. Nonetheless, I don't mind coming back here as I love the warm, homely atmosphere and the friendliness of the staffs.

-

95 Stamford Road
National Museum of Singapore
Singapore 178897
+65-63389887
IG: ffthought
Opening hours: 10am - 7pm



-

After lunch, we headed to Suntec City for church service. While walking, I spotted an outlet called Tuk Tuk Cha. It offers authentic Thai beverages (Thai tea, Thai coffee, etc.) and light food like cubed toast and mango sticky rice. Look out for their signature 'tuk tuk' (Thai-style motor-rickshaw) at the Tower 3.


Thai Milk Coffee - $2.80 (regular size)
I wanted to get the Thai iced tea but it was not ready yet that time and the staff asked me if I would mind to wait more than 30 minutes for the brewing process. As I was quite in rush, I opted for what is available, which was Thai milk coffee. It was very bitter, I did not like it at all. What a disappointment.

Even though I did not like what I had here, I still want to come back next time to try the Thai tea and toast. Price wise, it is considered reasonable for good quality of food and drink.

-

200 Victoria Street, #M01-K1
Bugis Junction
Singapore 188021
IG: tuktukcha
Opening hours: 8am - 9.30pm

Comments

Popular Posts