[Closed] Montana Brew Bar, Singapore

I have seen photos of Montana's waffles throughout Instagram, and they seriously make me drool! So yesterday, I decided to visit this cafe. Montana is located at PoMo, occupying the same building with Kaplan Institute. I had never been to Selegie area before, thus it was a good chance for me to explore this area. PoMo is walk-able from either Dhoby Ghaut or Bras Basah MRT, and I found out Selegie area got a lot of nice food to eat! Ohhh, how I envy Kaplan, SOTA, ERC, Lasalle and SMU students!

Frankly speaking, this cafe does not look like what I expect. The space is rather small with only a few seats and standing tables. There is neither GST nor service charge here, and it is free-seating. You are required to order at the counter and pick up your order when the buzzer vibrates.

Mocha - $5.50
I love that they made swan latte art instead of the boring rosetta shape. My hot mocha was delightful, the coffee and chocolate were balanced.

Iced Latte - $5.70
My friend said her iced latte was too acidic, causing her to add two packets of sugar into it.


Matcha Strawberry Field Waffles - $9.50
The staff asked me whether I preferred my waffle to be crispy or fluffy. I picked fluffy. The waffle was perfectly done with lovely fluffiness and slightly crispy crust. It is topped with a gigantic scoop of vanilla ice cream and sliced strawberry. No sauce? There are several pieces of mango passionfruit spheres that look like popping boba. I did not realize it could break until I sliced the waffle and got shocked when the mango liquid burst out vertically like fountain haha. The combination of matcha, the sourness of strawberries, the sweetness of mango and cold vanilla ice cream was simply amazing. I could feel the matcha flavor, it was not just another waffle with green coloring without any trace of matcha.

I will definitely return to this cafe. I'm glad I have found this place since it is quite tricky to find delicious yet affordable waffles in Singapore. If I were a Kaplan student, I would probably become their loyal patron who would eat their waffles once a week (given that they lower down the price haha).

-

1 Selegie Road, #01-04
PoMo
Singapore 188306
IG: montanasingapore
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm (Mon - Thu) // 11am - 11pm (Fri) // 9am - 11pm (Sat) // 9am - 9.30pm (Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts