The Localist Coffee & Bistro, Surabaya

The Localist is a cafe in the eastern tip of Surabaya. It was quite tricky to find this place, since I was not very familiar with MERR area and my taxi driver had never heard of this cafe before. Thanks to Google Maps, I finally figured out its location, which turned out to be in the same building with a clinic.

Frozen Chocolate - IDR35,000
The chocolate was blended together with ice and topped with whipped cream. The chocolate flavor was quite there, however it got diluted quickly when I did not stir it regularly.

Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken - IDR30,000
There was an abundant amount of Romaine lettuce, yet the sliced chicken given was too little.

Spaghetti Grilled Chicken - IDR40,000
The spaghetti was served with grilled chicken and creamy lemon caper sauce. This turned out pretty good. The sauce had the right creaminess, but I could not trace any lemon flavor. The chicken was rather dry when eaten on its own without being drenched in the sauce.

The overall experience here was okay, although I don't think I will return here anytime soon. The place is spacious with many seats available, the service is prompt and the price is wallet-friendly too.

-

Jl. Arief Rahman Hakim 40
Surabaya, Indonesia 60117
+6231-5937373
IG: thelocalist.sby
Opening hours: 8am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts