Domicile Kitchen & Lounge, Surabaya

Last year, Domicile was on the list of the hippest eateries in Surabaya, but shame on me, I have yet to try it until 2015. Ever since I migrated to Singapore, I was never made aware of the huge rise of Surabaya culinary spots. If not through my friends' posts on social media, I would not have known that a certain place existed. Today, I had a meetup session with my friends at Domicile. We have booked a table in advance as we were afraid it would be full house, considering a lot people would come for buka puasa during the fasting month.

Domicile Kitchen & Lounge is located on Jalan Sumatra, opposite the Society Complex. The interior looks elegant. The whole space is divided by indoor and outdoor seating areas. You will see a square counter right in front of the entrance, that is where the cake display and cashier are located.

Now let me take you through their foods. Firstly, I woud like to apologize for the bad (and not-so-appealing) photos as it was dimly-lit there, and I had tried my best to higher the exposure (excuse my iPhone camera). I swear the photos would look a lot more photogenic if I came during the daytime.

Even though we were not fasting, we were given a complimentary takjil, which was a bowl of warm mung bean porridge with coconut milk (btw we came there during the holy month of Ramadhan). It was a good starter and the porridge was not very sweet.

Lychee Ice Tea - IDR30,000
It was sweet and it came with two pieces of lychee on a stick.

Ice Mocha - IDR38,000
It came with a tiny cup of liquid sugar. The chocolate syrup balanced well the with not-too-acidic coffee.

Truffle Fries - IDR45,000
The portion was rather huge. The spread could be spread more evenly, as some fries did not have the truffle taste. Nonetheless, we gobbled it all.

Calamari - IDR50,000
Sorry to say, I don't recommend this. The squid was rubbery and still had fishy taste.

Middle: Lasagna Bolognaise - IDR85,000
For such price, my friend said the lasagna was not worth it. It tasted cheesy on the outer part only. 

Right: Aglio Olio - IDR65,000
Meanwhile, the aglio olio was just plain spaghetti without any meat. The spaghetti was al dente with tolerable level of spiciness.

Carbonara Tagliatelle - IDR90,000
I reckon tagliatelle is wider and thinner in shape than fettuccine, but for this one, I cannot tell the difference between both. Some strains of pasta were undercooked. The carbonara sauce was too overwhelming for me, but I like that they were being generous with the smoked beef and mushroom.

Spaghetti Bolognese - IDR85,000
The portion was big and I like the rustic taste from the Bolognaise sauce.

Crepes Mille - IDR65,000
We got turned on when we saw the word '12 years old Chivas' (wild girls alert haha). Not the best mille crepe I had, but still decent. Could not really taste the Chivas though, boo...

The bills turned out to be around IDR550,000 for three heads, which was okay and worthy enough. Hey, you dine in a nice, elegant ambiance with good service and tasty food - a good 55 bucks were spent for all these. Overall, we enjoyed having dinner here. Domicile is a great place for fancy dinner with your friends, birthday dinner and romantic dinner with your partner.

-

Jl. Sumatra 35
Surabaya, Indonesia 60281
+6231-5016900
Opening hours: 11am - 1am (Mon - Fri & Sun) // 11am - 2am (Sat)

Comments

Popular Posts