Lady M Confections + Emerald Hill, Singapore

My friend and I went to Orchard Central to have some dessert at Lady M. It was my first time eating at Lady M's Orchard Central branch. Last time I was already queuing for it, but I gave up halfway as the line was just too long haha. This time I braced myself to queue since I was not on a rush either. It took us around 25 minutes until we got a seat for two located at a very cornered place (we actually wanted to sit next to the big glass wall in order to get good natural lighting for photo-taking, but yeah, no choice). The Orchard Central branch is 2-storey - if you want to dine in, queue starts on second floor, while first floor is for takeaway. Beside the highly-raved mille crepes and other types of pastry, Lady M also offers savory menus (like mushroom soup and sandwich), teas and coffees.


Plain water is free of charge here. The glass does not look very clean though.

Signature Mille Crepes - $8.50
It looks small for $8.50, but the fact that it is handmade has made the price justifiable. There is a caramelized layer on top of the cake. The vanilla flavor was light and not too sweet. I like how smooth and soft the cake was when I sliced it through with the fork.

Green Tea Mille Crepes - $9
As you know, green tea dessert is my biggest weakness. I'm more than willing to pay 50 cents more to get the green tea flavor. It was totally enjoyable, I love the sensation when the green tea powder mixed together with the cream. This cake is suitable for green tea lovers as it was fulfilled with strong green tea flavor and smell. This is addictive, you have been warned.

Was I impressed by their mille crepes? Well, I have to say their mille crepes are good (especially the green tea one), but not particularly mindblowing, especially with the price above $8.50 excluding GST and service charge. I think paying around $10 for merely a slice of cake is too much, so I probably will not patronize this place very often. Furthermore, I was quite pissed off by their service. I had no problem with any staff, in fact they were all friendly by the way they behaved and spoke, but the service was so slow! Seems like it takes forever for our cakes to arrive (around 20 minutes, slightly quicker than our queuing time). I was thinking, should it take that long to slice a cake and serve it? Another thing happened at the end of our visit. I was about to have my last bite of cake when suddenly a staff approached me and asked if he could clear the plate. Hello, my right hand was still holding my fork and my left hand was still touching the plate, how come you were so rushing to clear my plate?! You were running out of plate ah? I knew I could have said no to him, but I was stunned at what had happened, so I naturally let him clear my plate without saying anything. Although he did ask me politely, for me this kind of gesture was still unacceptable. You should at least wait until a person really finishes eating that they do not touch the plate and cutlery no more. Hope Lady M could take note of this small thing.

Ignore the background, the place is not as squeezy as it looks like

-

181 Orchard Road, #01-27 & #02-27
Orchard Central
Singapore 238896
+65-65093673
IG: ladymsg
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm


-

Oh ya, I just discovered a hidden gem opposite Orchard Central called Emerald Hill (how come I did not find it earlier!). This place is so Insta-worthy, good for #OOTD - an alternative to the mainstream Haji Lane. We then went to Emerald Hill after our dessert session, to get some photos taken.







This balloon was left unattended in front of the house so I just utilized it as a prop lol




This was taken at Orchard Gateway, not Emerald Hill haha

Comments

Popular Posts