Leisure World Cruise: Day 2

I had neither good nor bad sleep that night. The bed was not comfy as it was too thin. I had to sleep on my blanket so I could not really feel the metal thing hidden under the bed. I was awakened quite a number of time. Moreover, the bed was so close to the ceiling that I could not even sit there (I had to hunch).

My POV while laying down

See how close the bed is to the ceiling?!



These are the views from my cabin window. Love the blue sea so much! Now I know how life in the middle of the sea is like.

We went to the restaurant at 10.45 and it was already too late for breakfast, so we had lunch at 11am (a bell was rung up to mark the start of lunchtime). Once again, the food was not bad. This time I got fried rice, veggie, crab croquettes (love it!) and some watermelon.

We went to golden slots room and did another observation. There was no front door staff here and there was no dress code. One friendly staff asked us whether I wanted to play and of course I rejected his offer haha.


The slot machines sound made me feel like I was in the Sims life. Not sure if photography is permitted inside the slot machine room though.

Then we did some exploration again as there would not be drunkards on the daylight. This cruise has fitness centre, beauty salon, spa, karaoke lounge, gift shop and even basketball court on the sun deck. I found a video game arcade, which gave me an eerie vibe. The room was dark all day with the lights that only come from the game machines, plus all those creepy video game songs.

This place was filled with drunkards the night before

Basketball court

We checked out, returned the cabin key and booked the ferry ticket back to Tanah Merah at 12.30pm. Hais, another 1 hour in the sea. Again, we needed to transit at Batam. I saw some nice-looking beach resort at Batam on the way back - hopefully I can visit Batam for some leisure getaway soon hehe. I reached Singapore at around 1.30pm in seasick condition, but not as severe as last time.

Overall, it was neither great nor horrible experience. I hate how I needed to deal with seasick, drunkards, crampy room and the creepiness of the cruise ship in general. I don't want to come back even for free. By the way, the cruise does not have wi-fi. My Indonesian phone card signal disappeared as I entered the cruise and Malaysian provider appeared instead (wth, isn't it closer to Indonesia than to Malaysia?!). Living without phone signal sucks, especially when there is nothing to do. There are 2 internet counters, but you need to pay $2 per hour and it is an open counter somemore. If I were a gambling addict, I could probably forget my phone. But I'm not a gambler, so it just plain sucks. Thank God it only lasted less than 24 hours. Bye freakin' Leisure World!

Comments

Popular Posts