One Man Coffee + Ice Cream Chefs, Singapore

Today was a lecture recess day. However, I still needed to go to campus for assignment submission and I got a group meeting at 3pm. After I had submitted my assignment at 10am, I tried to find a place outside campus to chill out while doing another school project, since I was lazy to go home and then go to campus again. After browsing for recommendations on internet, I decided to go to One Man Coffee near my campus. By the way, One Man Coffee shares the same space with Crust Gourmet Pizza Bar, which takes over from 5pm onwards.


Matcha Latte - $5
I was not in the mood for cold drink, so I chose hot matcha latte. The matcha taste was bold with a lovely bittersweet aftertaste. I expected them to do a latte art though.

French Toast Brioche - $10
Thumbs up for the aesthetic presentation that resembles deconstructed dessert. The French toast is served with berry compote, candied walnuts and fresh cream. I had seen many positive reviews about their French toast, thus I ordered one. The egg-soaked brioche toast was impressive! It was pillowy, moist, and complemented the crunchy walnuts really nicely. The berry compote was super sour, but after a few spoonfuls I started to find it addictive.

Overall, One Man Coffee is one decent place for your daily perk-me-up though it can get a little crampy when crowded. Nett price policy, hospitable staffs and free wi-fi are some plus points here other than nice food. I will definitely come back for that uber nice French toast!

-

215R Upper Thomson Road
Singapore 574349
+65-96581685
IG: onemancoffee
Opening hours: 9am - 5pm



-

Before going back to campus, I popped by Ice Cream Chefs nearby (it is so close that it can be reached by short walk only). Just like Cold Stone and Marble Slab Creamery, Ice Cream Chefs also has the option of mixing ice cream with toppings on a cold marble slab. 

Honey Sea Coconut & Milo Peng Ice Cream with Marshmallows - $5.80 (large size)
I like the Milo peng flavor, it tasted just like hawker iced Milo. Meanwhile, the honey sea coconut was too sweet for my liking but I like that there was some coconut flesh in it. The marshmallow given was generous that you would not miss it in every spoonful.

Horlick Tim Tam
Yummy, I always love Horlick. The Horlick flavor was strong, and it combined nicely with the crunchy Tim Tam wafer. However, the ice cream melt so fast when I was taking picture of it, even before I had my first scoop (you can see from my photo).

Peach Sorbet with Maltesers Balls
My friend chose peach flavored sorbet on a waffle cone,and mixed it with Maltesers balls. Lucky us, we came on a Tuesday, which was their free mix-in day, yay! We did not need to pay for the topping we chose to mix into the ice cream. (originally it costs $1 per topping). The staff will scoop the ice cream and mix it in with the topping on a cold marble slab. I did not get why my friend choose to combine peach with Mallteser balls, it just did not turn out right for me.

Overall, having freshly-made ice cream is rather time consuming but it is definitely enjoyable to eat. I will definitely be back to try other flavors as I can drop by here anytime before or after school hehe.

-

12 Jalan Kuras
Sembawang Hills Estate
Singapore 577727
+65-64584849
Opening hours: 12.30pm - 10.30pm (Mon - Thu) // 12pm - 11.30pm (Fri) // 12pm - 12am (Sat) // 12pm - 11pm (Sun)


Comments

Popular Posts