49 Seats, Singapore

Hey foodies, here is another affordable eatery you should try in the city center of Singapore! I knew the existence of this restaurant via Instagram. One day, 49 Seats' official Instagram account liked some food photos on my Instagram out of the blue. Then, I scrolled through their page and found out their location at The Centrepoint Orchard. Judging by their name, I'm not sure if there are really only 49 seats available, or maybe it is derived from its first location, which is 49 Kreta Ayer Road.

Ice Lemon Tea - $3
Since there was nothing much under beverage section, I just opted for ice lemon tea. It was served in a metal glass with very short straw that almost got sunk if I did not bend and hook it to the edge of the glass (it is like the shortest straw I have ever seen beside cup mineral water straw lol). It tasted like Lipton lemon tea with ice cubes.

Calamari - $9.90
It was 10 pieces (they do write '10 pieces' on the menu) of calamari with crispy batter in a rattan basket, served with tartar sauce. The calamari was crispy but a bit tough and lacked in flavor.

Fish & Chips - $12.90
Initially I wanted to order chicken chop, but the staff said the menu was not available that day. My friend wanted to order chicken and cheese salad, then the staff replied, 'we are using the same chicken for the salad' (I literally tried to hold my laughter hearing this). So basically all menus containing chicken were not available la haha. I changed my order to fish & chips, which tasted good, although I think they should serve it in a bigger plate. The fish was big and not greasy at all. I like the batter, which was neither too thick nor too thin. It was tender and well-marinated as well.

The menu is not really extensive. They serve typical Western food that is almost similar to those sold at hawker Western food stall, pasta, beers, and some light bites. Overall, I pretty much enjoyed the food here. Moreover, there is no GST and service charge, what more could you ask for? I will give it another visit next time to try their chicken chop.

-

176 Orchard Road, #01-49
The Centrepoint
Singapore 238843
+65-62254332
IG: 49seats
Opening hours: 11.30am - 2.30am (Mon - Thu) // 11.30am - 5am (Fri - Sat) //11.30am - 11pm (Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts