Ice Skating @ The Rink + [Closed] Griddy Gourmet Waffles, Singapore

One day, my friends and I went ice skating at The Rink JCube (JCube is located opposite Westgate). It was my fourth time skating there but I never got bored of it haha. The Rink is the biggest skating rink in SG so I'm willing to travel all the way to Jurong East to skate here (I never go to other skating rinks like Kallang and Marina Bay Sands though). The admission price is $14 for adult and the skate boots rental fee is $3.50. The skating period will be 2 hours and there is an additional fee of $3.5 for the subsequent 30 minutes. Sometimes they have Groupon special price, last time I bought a voucher of one skating admission plus skate boots rental for $10 only.




Not sure why we were holding hands though

Saw Batman's car replica outside Westgate

After ice skating, we went for dinner at Griddy Gourmet Waffles Westgate. I was attracted to try this place after I found out they got salted egg spaghetti in the menu (I'm a sucker for salted egg!). Griddy is a small eatery located on the basement of Westgate. As the name implies, one can expect to find various kinds of gourmet waffle, be it savory and sweet.

Griddy Burger - $9.90
The 'burger' is served with crispy waffle fries on the side. It looks unique ya? Instead of normal bread bun, waffle is used to 'kiap' the meat. The waffle used was not the crispy and thick type - it was soft and thin like those $2 waffle sold at bakeries. The beef patty was thin but it was flavorful, while the cheese slice was too little.

Pan-Seared Salmon Served with French Beans & Mini Garlic Potatoes - $10.90
The salmon was quite big-sized, but it did not come with any pouring sauce so it looked rather dull.

Spaghetti with Grilled Chicken & Salted Egg Yolk Sauce - $9.90
Upon the first spoonful, I was instantly sold. The salted egg sauce was creamy, a bit sweet and tasted like salted egg (duh). The chicken was also tasty and juicy, albeit slightly oily. For just $9.90 for a big plate of yummy salted egg spaghetti, I'm sure this dish is and will be loved by many.

Thumbs up for the affordable price, yummy fares, and friendly service, although I don't quite get why they impose 1% service charge when we need to make the order at the counter (but it is no biggie though). Still, I would love to visit this place again when I go to Jurong East.

-

3 Gateway Drive, #B2-K12
Westgate
Singapore 608532
+65-64659465
IG: griddysg
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts