[Closed] Cailano Specialty Coffee & Shao Kao, Surabaya

When I was exploring Instagram to find good cafes in the eastern part of Surabaya, I chanced upon Cailano's Instagram page and instantly got my eyes caught on their interior. Thus, I decided to come by on a Wednesday afternoon. You can easily spot the place from the main road - it is located in a shophouse complex, sharing the same stretch with Communal and König although not side by side.

Babycino - IDR16,000
Some of you might not have heard of this drink before. Babycino is actually 'fake cappuccino' for kids, made of frothy plain milk with a bit of chocolate powder on top. It was light and warming.


Green Tea Latte - IDR23,000
The green tea latte was smooth and comforting to sip on. The ratio between the green tea and milk was nice.

Twice Baked Potato with Mozzarella & Cheese Sauce - IDR22,000
My cousin who was on diet ordered baked potato. Act only la, told me she was on diet but still ordered cheesy stuff haha. She said this dish was forgettable and she could make something like this easily at home.

Nasi Mangkok Cailano Grilled Chicken - IDR30,000
Instead of ordering their shao kao (shao kao is Chinese-style grilled skewers), I opted for nasi mangkok. Nasi mangkok means 'rice bowl' in English. The rice is topped with grilled chicken (which I think has good marination) and edamame. The rice bowl also came with smaller bowl of soup containing tofu bits inside. Overall, it was a flavorful dish.


Ovomaltine Croissant - IDR14,000
Honestly, I had set my expectation high for their croissant, especially upon seeing the word 'Ovomaltine', but in fact it turned out a major turnoff. The croissant was served cold, dry and hard to cut. The Ovomaltine spread did not help anyway. Sorry for being harsh, but I prefer croissant sold on the airplanes or bakeries.

I'm super in love with their interior and the cozy ambiance they give! There is an outdoor spot where they grill the shao kao, which also functions as outdoor dining area (and photo spot). The food was generally okay, not bad but not outstanding either. The staffs were very helpful and enthusiastic too. Well, I wish all the best to Cailano!

-

Ruko Klampis Milenia
Jl. Klampis Jaya 43
Surabaya, Indonesia 60117
+6282233069848
IG: cailano_coffee
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm (Mon - Thu) // 9am - 11pm (Fri - Sat) // 11am - 11pm (Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts