[Outlet Closed] Platter, Surabaya

Today I had an impromptu lunch date with my ex-high school friend. I sort of 'kidnapped' her straight after she had finished her class haha. So today I needed to go to TEC office to submit my master degree application, and the office is located in UBAYA (Universitas Surabaya). Coincidentally, my friend finished her class at about the same time I finished my application submission. Okay, that is just right lor - I also did not feel like going home waiting for work to start, so I asked her out for lunch. Thankfully she was free after class, so off we go!

We decided to have lunch at Platter, located 20 minutes away from UBAYA (could not go too far since I had to drive my friend back to campus and I would need to rush for work). Platter is Pepper Lunch on budget, that is how we call it. It was lunch time and the place was quite packed. It is free seating (thankfully there were vacant seats for us) and we are required to order at the counter.

Milo - IDR5,000
No, this photo was not taken after I had a few slurps - the drink really filled up that much of the glass. For just IDR5,000, I thought it is super cheap!

Beef Steak - IDR27,000
The menus are all priced at IDR25,000 and IDR27,000 for chicken and beef respectively. Isn't that damn cheap?! Since it is only a difference of IDR2,000, I chose beef. There were sunny side up, sliced beef, rice and corn on a plate, completed with brown sauce. The taste was not on par with Pepper Lunch, but at least it was decent.

Overall, Platter is the right place to enjoy Pepper-Lunch-alike food with cheap price. Students, this could be your happy place when you are tight on budget!

-

Jl. Kertajaya Indah Tengah H-252
Surabaya, Indonesia 60282
+6231-5968588
Opening hours: 10am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts