[Closed] Hatched, Singapore

I spent my first Friday night after going back to Singapore at Holland Village with my uni buddies. We chose Holland Village simply because it is home of many good cafes, restaurants and bars, and we liked its night vibe. Out of so many eateries, we picked Hatched to dine at. Hatched is located within close proximity from Holland Village MRT (exit B), along the shophouses there. At first I thought it was a 2-storey cafe, but turned out only the first floor was functioned.


I love the menu book, it looks like a booklet with cute cartoon characters in every page (I saw my name there, sweet egg Ella haha). Judging from its name, you are correct to guess that Hatched sells egg-based food, but if you are allergic to or do not eat egg, it serves non-egg food as well.

Truffle Fries - $10
I always love truffle fries! The fries was fried to golden brown, even browner than usual truffle fries I had normally seen. It was served piping hot with crisp exterior. The trace of truffle oil was there, although it was a bit too weak for my liking. The portion was just right for the group to share.


The Usual Suspects - $16
Here, we get to choose any style of eggs (scrambled, sunny side up, soft boiled, poached or omelette) and any type of meat (bacon, ham or chicken chipolata sausages), whereby I had scrambled eggs with sausages. It also comes with your choice of coffee or tea (I chose English breakfast tea). There were 3 pieces of sausage given, which were quite juicy. The whole dish was generally filling, but nothing special. It tasted like typical hotel breakfast.

F. T. P. (French Toast Pecherese) - $12
The toast came with a serving of maple syrup. It came with light, crispy outer skin and moist interior..The sweet and crunchy sensation from the walnut bits made everything nice.

I like Hatched ambiance and interior, especially the chicken-and-egg-related decorations. Generally, it is a good place to hang out with your buddies. The service was friendly too - all staffs were really approachable. However, the food somewhat failed to impress. What a pity - if they improved more on the food, I would probably give them a second try.

-

267 Holland Avenue
Singapore 278989
+65-64630012
IG: hatchedsghv
Opening hours: 9am - 11pm (Tue - Sun)
Closed on Mon

Comments

Popular Posts