[Closed] Mad Jack Cafe + [Closed] Sogurt, Singapore

Mad Jack Cafe is a halal-certified restaurant serving Western food at affordable prices. There are only a few outlets in Singapore (not sure where they are), but I guess its outlet at Nex is the most accessible one to me.

Brain Stimulator - $4.90
This juice is made of orange, pear, lemon and apple. It is stated in the menu that the juices are made of 100% fresh fruits with no sugar added.


Grilled Chicken in Black Pepper Sauce Meal - $6.90
My student meal comes with a glass of Pepsi. The main dish was a piece of grilled chicken with black pepper sauce on top and a generous serving of fries. Besides fries, it was also served with apple peach salad which tasted refreshing. The grilled chicken was juicy and tender albeit slightly oily on the outside. The black pepper sauce was just nice, not too peppery but I think the sauce given was too little. The portion was big and I felt satisfied after I finished eating it.

Even though the food here is just average, Mad Jack often has interesting promotion especially for students - that is what makes me willing to return (I'm a poor student who likes to indulge in the Western food delight lol). There is no service charge so ordering and payment are to be done at the counter.

-

23 Serangoon Central, #B1-27
Nex
Singapore 556083
+65-66347551
IG: madjacksg
Opening hours: 11.30am - 10.30pm



-

What's a meal without dessert? After our lunch at Mad Jack, we headed to Sogurt to get some froyo. Sogurt is a self-service frozen yogurt shop. Here, you can mix and match your own froyo with toppings without limitation. Grab your desired size of cup, swirl the yogurt from the machine, and add some toppings on it. Once you are done with your creation, proceed into the cashier where they will weigh your froyo and you will pay based on the weight. It costs $3 per 100 grams of froyo.

I was spoiled by choices of flavor and topping. I mixed almost all of their flavors, but my favorites were Nutella and banana milk flavors. The Nutella flavor was very chocolatey and sweet, so was the banana milk which was rich in banana flavor. This banana milk flavor is something I rarely find in froyo shops. For the toppings, I just threw in some random things like marshmallow, Oreo crumbs, mochi, fruity pebbles, and chocolate crunch. The yogurt per se was light and refreshing.

My froyo turned out to cost $6.80 in total. Woah, it's expensive indeed, but the froyo occupied more than half of that big cup. I shared this cup with my friend, so we paid $3.40 each. Don't worry, for that price you will get a quite large amount of froyo and you will not feel guilty as you can share it with a friend.

-

23 Serangoon Central, #04-17
Nex
Singapore 556083
+65-64688940
IG: sogurtsg
Opening hours: 11am - 10.30pm

Comments

Popular Posts