Sate Kambing Bu Hj. Bejo, Surakarta

This place is on the list of the best mutton satays in Surakarta (Solo), and it's one of the eldest restaurants serving mutton dishes. Although we came here during fasting month, this place did not run out of customers. Personally, I don't like mutton, coz it is smelly and tastes weird (don't bash me, it is just my honest opinion) - so when my family came here to have lunch, I didn't really like that idea. Some mutton dishes sold here are satay, tengkleng, gule and tongseng. Do not ask me how they all taste like since I have never eaten them before (except mutton satay) and I have never been interested to try.

Teh Panas - IDR4,000
No further explanation okay?

Nasi Goreng Telur
Thankfully they also had non-mutton food in the menu, so I did not have to leave my stomach empty. The fried rice smelled so good with strong spices aroma. It tasted so much better than normal fried rice since it was cooked with charcoal.

Sate Daging - IDR60,000
The mutton satay here is made of fresh young mutton. At first I was hesitant to try it since I had never been a fan of mutton, but when I first bit it, it was so different from when I ate mutton satay last time. The mutton meat here was tender and well-seasoned, best paired with sweet soy sauce. In fact, I managed to eat 6 sticks haha.

From my experience, I could say that this restaurant had transformed my life (hyperbolically lol). Now I no longer see mutton satay as a yucky thing - in fact I started to like it! It is a must-visit restaurant when you happen to visit Surakarta, since mutton satay is one of Surakarta's most famous local dishes that you gotta try!

-

Jl. Sebakung 10, Lojiwetan
Surakarta, Indonesia 57199
+6282325870170
Opening hours: 7.30am - 5pm

Comments

Popular Posts