Kith Cafe, Singapore

It was a Saturday afternoon. My friend and I were looking for a place to spend some times doing girls' talk when we stumbled upon Kith Cafe at Robertson Quay. By the time we arrived, indoor seats were all occupied and we needed to pick up a queue number from the machine at the entrance. Luckily, there were still some vacant seats at the outdoor area, which the staff offered to us, and we immediately agreed to that. We then proceeded without using queue number haha.

We were given a jug of iced water right after we had seated

Mocha - $4.80
I chose hot mocha for the drink since I was having runny nose that day. It was not really pleasing as it left me a strange aftertaste, or perhaps there was something wrong with my tasting sense.

Muesli - $7
No idea why but any kind of grains with yoghurt has got me addicted recently! The muesli came with fresh strawberries, vanilla yoghurt, and a small cup of milk. It was reasonably priced at $7 and the serving size was sufficient to me. I was completely unaware that the muesli contained raisins, therefore I could not eat it hassle-freely as I kept sorting out the raisins haha.

Overall, the food was okay but not exceptional. Oh wait, before I end this post, I feel the urge to talk about their sub-standard service. Actually it is not their service in general - I had no issue with other staffs as they were quite polite and amicable - I'm just referring to a particular guy staff. So this guy came to our table twice: to serve the mocha and to give the change to my payment. When he was not doing his work (I mean servicing customers), I heard him conversing loudly with his colleague, but when it came to interacting with customers he was mute! When he served the drink, he just put the glass on the edge of our table without addressing what drink he served. Like that how I knew whether my order was given correctly?! How if he served the wrong drink?! And then when he gave us the bill, which was placed on a tray, he again just put it on the table, but this time he kinda threw it down. Wow, such a 'wonderful' ending to my visit...

I really hate staffs who look down on people who only spend a little at their place, for instance only ordering a drink or ordering less expensive food (light bites or cakes only). In my case, that guy staff was probably pissed off with me ordering food worth only $14.10 in total. Maybe, who knows? Hello, $14.10 is STILL money okay! I did contribute to the daily income of your cafe and somemore the place got 10% service charge, so why couldn't I get a decent service from you?! I don't care the reason why you treated me like this, but for God's sake please have some manners! Isn't it just bloody annoying that you have to pay 10% service charge when the staff treats you like crap? And so, my rant has ended. Not even thinking of returning here.

Do I look annoyed enough? Haha.

-

7 Rodyk Street, #01-28
Watermark Robertson Quay
Singapore 238215
+65-63419407
Opening hours: 7am - 4pm (Mon - Fri) // 7am - 6pm (Sat - Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts