Kinfolk Kafija Hidden Coffee Bar, Surabaya

There is one thing I love to do when I get bored of the usual cafe-hopping activity: uncovering hidden coffee places in the city. Do you think you really know all the whereabouts in Surabaya? Think again. So recently I went to a place called Kinfolk Kafija Hidden Coffee Bar (yes, it's their self-proclamation). Fret not, I will let you know its location so you won't have to search high and low.



Kinfolk Kafija is situated in Ruko Grand Ketintang, right next to The Alana Hotel. From the entrance of the ruko, just go straight and you will see a law-firm office. The coffee bar is located on the second floor. The place screams privacy and quiet with the nondescript entrance, but once you go up to the rooftop area, you will find the most hipster social space that has ever existed in town. Thank me later.


Palm Latte - IDR25,000
I noted that here you could choose between coffee in cups and canned coffee. I opted for the latter for convenience's sake (canned coffee costs more btw). The coffee tasted a little more sour compared to other places that sell canned coffee, but I genuinely liked it.

I low-key wish Kinfolk Kafija will remain a well-kept secret among caffeine junkies, although it is actually not that hard to find if you know where to look. The idea of sipping a cup of your favorite coffee while enjoying a view of blue skies is simply fascinating and makes you feel you are in an aesthetic cafe overseas. Nevertheless, I would not encourage you to come at noon (given the city's unforgiving heat), but if you really want to avoid the crowd like me, quickly take some pics and stay indoors under the air-con comfort.

-

Ruko Grand Ketintang H-16
Jl. Ketintang Baru 1
Surabaya, Indonesia 60231
Opening hours: 12pm - 10pm (Mon - Thu & Sat - Sun) // 1pm - 10pm (Fri)

Comments

Popular Posts