Common Grounds Coffee Roaster, Surabaya

After being stuck at home for a month or so, I finally went out for my first dine-in session. To 'celebrate' the occasion, I picked Common Grounds Coffee Roaster at Graha Famili. Common Grounds is actually not a new name for coffee enthusiasts in Surabaya - in fact, the well-loved CGCR outlets in Galaxy Mall and Pakuwon Mall had been permanently closed a few months back until they finally made a comeback with the recent opening of Graha Famili outlet.



The cafe is tucked at one quiet corner of Graha Family, not far from Redback. You can chill there while enjoying the golf view.

Blackcurrant & Hibiscus Tea - IDR35,000
The tea was aromatic and the hint of hibiscus felt comforting.

Flat White - IDR35,000
Though I'm not an avid coffee drinker who could describe different types of beans, I still can differentiate a good and bad coffee at the minimal. And CGCR's coffee was still as great as I recalled. It registered an acidity kicking enough to keep me recharged for the whole day.


Truffle Fries - IDR45,000
Brunch ain't brunch without my favorite truffle fries. Thankfully, CGCR's rendition earned my approval. The fries was adequately crispy and every single piece of it was dosed with truffle oil goodness.


Spaghetti Creamy Chicken Pesto - IDR65,000
I could hardly resist the temptation of pesto-based pasta. Albeit slightly greasy, CGCR's version was well-made and beautiful in terms of presentation. The grilled chicken was a bit dry but the delicious sauce managed to cover it up. Thanks to my weakness for pesto, I finished this dish in no time.


While the food at CGCR is not the most delicious or affordable, I will still return for some quality coffee. Besides, the food quality is still considered decent, just it is a tad pricey. Anyway, I genuinely love the ambiance there, the place is cozy enough for patrons to happily while away the morning. Thankful that cafes in Surabaya (and many other big cities in Indonesia) have the luxury to be located in huge spaces, equipped with open air terrace and surrounded with greenery. 

-

Jl. Raya Golf Graha Famili Bundaran Blok I
Surabaya, Indonesia 60226
+628113298889
Opening hours: 7am - 10pm (Mon - Fri) // 6am - 10pm (Sat - Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts