Wang Dae Bak 왕대박 + [Outlet Closed] ChaTraMue ชาตรามือ, Singapore

Yay, I finally managed to have a catch-up session with my ex-roommate. Since she was working that day, we agreed to meet at Raffles Place (CBD) area for her convenience. She came down to accompany me during her lunch break, whereby she brought me to her favorite Korean restaurant called Wang Dae Bak. This restaurant is famous among CBD office workers. Wang Dae Bak serves a la carte Korean dishes and BBQ, but we settled for their lunch menus as what other guests apparently did. Each table is equipped with its own exhaust and the barrel-like seats also function as storage for your belongings. Cool!

The drink reminded me of my Korea trip where I saw that plastic bottle in almost all Korean restaurants. At Wang Dae Bak, we will be served this cold plain tea for free, which adds to your Korean dining experience.

Adhering to Korean meal standards, we were given a total of 5 banchan (side dishes): kimchi, fishcake, mashed potato, seaweed and braised sliced egg. The house-made kimchi was fresh and yummy to eat on its own. The potato was a tad sweet. The egg was our favorite - we finished it quickly and asked the staff for another bowl haha. Meanwhile, the fishcake was so so and I did not even touch the seaweed at all.

Pork Bulgogi - $11
The pork bulgogi (lunch menu) is priced at $11 and it comes with a bowl of soup. It is definitely worth it. The serving was generous, the pork was tender, easy to chew and well-marinated. No worry, there is rice below the meat. A tummy pleaser overall.

The service was prompt and fine although I felt that it was a bit difficult to get their attention. Food-wise, it was delicious and value for money. I love the authentic Korean atmosphere here and I will definitely return to try their KBBQ.

-

22 Cross Street, #01-59/60/61/62/64
Singapore 069918
+65-62252646
IG: wangdaebakbbq
Opening hours: 11.30am - 2.30pm; 5.30pm - 10.30pm
Closed on Sun


-

After lunch, my friend suggested me to get some Thai tea at ChaTraMue (it is her favorite Thai tea shop too). I obviously agreed with her suggestion, since who could resist having chilled Thai tea on this sweltering hot weather?! Previously named Nam's Brewing Thai Tea & Coffee, ChaTraMue is a Thai milk tea brand that is loved by many CBD workers (I saw a lot of workers dabao-ed drinks from here). There are a lot of Thai tea shops in Singapore, but ChaTraMue is probably the one with the longest queue I have ever come across.


Cold Original Thai Milk Tea - $3
Being a first-timer to the brand, I got myself the original Thai milk tea. I noticed they had the 'extra gold' version, which came with stronger tea brew according to the staff. Upon the first sip, I detected strong tea flavor, which gave a nice balance to the sweetness from the condensed milk. I really like ChaTraMue's Thai tea as other Thai tea shop's versions tend to have overpowering milk taste.

At $3 for a tall cup of Thai tea, I think it is worth getting and I enjoyed every sip of it. It was a great thirst quencher! Hope they could open more shops in more parts of Singapore to reach more consumers other than CBD workers.

Strolling around the CBD with my Thai tea

-

138 Amoy Street, #01-05
Far East Square
Singapore 049965
+65-94293886
IG: chatramuesingapore
Opening hours: 9am - 6pm (Mon - Fri)
Closed on Sat & Sun

Comments

Popular Posts