[Outlet Closed] I'm Kim Korean BBQ, Singapore

Hello my dearest readers, happy new year 2018! How has life been treating you so far? I hope this new year brings you a lot of love, hope and happiness. Let me kick-start this new year by bringing you to a place called I'm Kim. I'm Kim Korean BBQ is a no-frill Korean BBQ buffet restaurant located on the first floor of SOTA (School of the Arts). It is reachable within walking distance from Dhoby Ghaut MRT. It is usually packed with youngsters during both lunch and dinner time, but I was lucky enough not to stand in queue as I immediately got a table as I reached the front door. The place looks very casual with the accompaniment of K-Pop MVs playing on TV screens. I could tell this is a place that K-Popers would fancy!

The free-flow drink bar includes selection of ice water, fruit juice and even Korean tea. Alcoholic beverages and canned drinks are available at the cashier counter, but take note that they are not included in the buffet price.

I did not take pictures of the buffet counter though (paiseh haha). While waiting for the meat to cook, I explored the cooked food counter and got myself some fries and popcorn chicken. I heard that the other outlet at SCAPE (it is called I'm Kim Junior and the outlet is smaller than SOTA one) has free-flow truffle fries! Waa, should have gone to SCAPE outlet instead as the one here only serves normal fries *cries*.

On the soup counter, I saw samgyetang (Korean ginseng chicken), kimchi and mushroom soup. The mushroom soup tasted pretty okay, although it tasted more like canned soup being reheated. I did not complain as it was free-flow.

From the meat counter, you get the selections of pork (pork belly, spicy pork collar, etc.), beef (beef roll, short rib, etc.), and chicken (volcano chicken, garlic chicken, etc.). My favorite item here would be the unpretentious pork belly. It was so juicy, tender and savory, which went very well with fresh lettuce wrap.

The beef and chicken were fine. The volcano chicken was devastatingly too spicy for my tolerance and I gave up after eating two pieces of it haha.

With its wide variety of food and affordable price, I'm Kim Korean BBQ is easily one of my favorite KBBQ joints in town. The service was helpful too. The staffs regularly cleared up the empty plates and changed the grill pan. Priced at only $14.90++ for buffet lunch, it is no wonder that I'm Kim easily steals the heart of all KBBQ lovers in Singapore. With student ID card, you will get even cheaper price at $12.90++ (my expired student card was miraculously approved haha - in fact they never check the validity)! By the way, you will still smell like BBQ after the meal despite the place having ventilators on the ceilings, but there is a spray at the counter to help clear off (or minimalize) the odor. After all, my craving for KBBQ had been well-satisfied and I left the place with one stuffed yet happy tummy.

Buffet price:
- Lunch:
Adult: $14.90++ (Mon - Fri) / $24.90++ (Sat - Sun & PH)
Student / senior: $12.90++ (Mon - Fri) / $22.90++ (Sat - Sun & PH)
Child (4-12 years old): $8.90++ (Mon - Fri) / $16.90++ (Sat - Sun & PH)
- Dinner:
Adult: $24.90++ (Mon - Fri) / $25.90++ (Sat - Sun & PH)
Student / senior: $22.90++ (Mon - Fri) / $23.90++ (Sat - Sun & PH)
Child (4-12 years old): $16.90++ (every day)

-

1 Zubir Said Drive, #01-04/05/06/07
School of The Arts
Singapore 227968
+65-62387218
IG: imkimkoreanbbq
Opening hours: 11.30am - 3.30pm; 5.30pm - 10.30pm

Comments

  1. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for the next Blog. bbq supplier singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the article. The data that you provided in the blog is informative and effective.
    BBQ Supplier Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts