Satoe + Excelso, Bekasi

Satoe is the buffet restaurant of Santika Mega City Hotel Bekasi. Since I stayed at Santika Hotel during my Bekasi trip, I got a chance to have breakfast at Satoe. Let's take a look at what was offered on the buffet line during breakfast time.

For the usual breakfast staples, I had omelette, sausages, grilled potatoes and grilled tomato. The omelette was filled with spring onions, red and green peppers. There was not anything fantastic about it, but it was acceptably moist. The grilled tomato was a unique one - it had something like melted dry cheese on top. I love that there was pasta counter too, from which I ordered Bolognese spaghetti. The spaghetti was al dente and the sauce had lots of minced meat.

The best item on the plate was the breaded chicken bites. Even though it was not very crunchy, it was full of flavours.

The elder people in my family took a lot of steamed buns haha. There were only two variants of bun with chicken and lotus paste filling. Both filling came in small amount. I wish there were my favorite siew mai and har gao but I could not find any hais.

Corn flakes and fruit loops cereal were available to eat with chilled milk. It had been a while since I ate fruit loops with milk, so I definitely could not afford to skip it. 

Overall, I enjoyed my breakfast at Satoe. I like the extensive selection of the buffet spread - they had almost everything from traditional Indonesian snacks to Western food. The service was amicable and the staffs promptly cleared our dirty dishes without asked.

-

Jl. Jend. Ahmad Yani 1
Bekasi, Indonesia 17144
+6221-29285777
Opening hours: 6am - 11pm


-

In the afternoon, we went to Summarecon Mall Bekasi to take a walk. We then decided to stop by Excelso to chill. Who could resist having cold beverages on a hot afternoon?

Tangerine Iced Tea - IDR55,500
This is basically iced tea with slices of Mandarin orange inside. It tasted too sour for my liking. They should have provided sugar syrup though.

Lychee Blossom Smoothies - IDR56,300
This is lychee smoothies with nata de coco. Not my favorite, the lychee flavor tasted weird to me.

Avocado Coffee - IDR60,000
This is one of Excelso's best sellers. It is like drinking avocado juice with a hint of espresso. A wonderful marriage of sweet and bitter tastes.

Iced Cafe Mocha - IDR47,700
A trip to coffee shop ain't complete without getting a sip of its coffee. The iced mocha came with cappuccino froth on top (is it meant to be mocha latte or mochaccino?). I did not get why they provided sugar syrup when the drink itself was already too sweet.

Overall, the drinks we had at Excelso were rather disappointing. But we still enjoyed them all as they were decent enough to quench our thirst.

-

Summarecon Mall Bekasi, Ground Floor (Downtown Walk)
Jl. Boulevard Ahmad Yani Blok M
Bekasi, Indonesia 17112
+6221-29572545
IG: excelsocoffee
Opening hours: 10am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts