Historica Coffee & Pastry, Surabaya

Historica Coffee & Pastry is situated at Society Complex, one of youngsters' favorite places in Surabaya to hang out. Society Complex consists of Historica, 1903 (fine-dining restaurant), and Buro Bar. Today I went to Historica with my bro to chill and get caffeinated. This wasn't my first visit to Historica, but it had been a good 2 years since my last visit so I decided to go back as I recall they served good cuppa. 






Here, you need to go to the counter for order and payment. Actually we wanted to get some light bites like fries or nachos, but the selection of food offered was quite heavy. No choice, we then ordered their heavy meal for our early lunch.

Iced Tea - IDR25,000
It could be sweeter in my opinion. Nevertheless, it was still good to combat the sweltering weather (Surabaya weather has been a bitch recently).



Hot Caffe Mocha - IDR36,000
What is a visit to coffee shop without coffee? I had my usual mocha here, which was awesome with intense chocolate taste that was not overly sweet. The fragrant coffee aroma was also there, but I would expect it to have a stronger kick.


Egg Benedict - IDR55,000
The poached egg sits atop toasted ciabatta, topped with beef bacon and Hollandaise sauce. The eggs were runny and perfectly poached but I found the toast a bit tough to cut. For the price, I think they could definitely do something more!


Chicken Parmigiana - IDR40,000
The chicken was smothered with very little amount of tomato sauce (the sauce tasted fantastic btw). I could not enjoy the dish thoroughly since there was no more sauce left halfway, leaving the chicken dry. It came with fries and side salad that astonishingly tasted like HokBen's salad lol (I got no complain since I like HokBen's salad anyway). The portion is quite hearty if you are not a big eater.



They also have outdoor seating for smokers

Trying to make dramatic sit-on-the-windowsill shot but failed lol


I was generally satisfied with my visit to Historica. They could bring the food and beverages up to standard while keeping the price reasonable. The atmosphere is cozy and laid-back - it is a place where you can chit chat with your friends for hours without being worried about getting outcast by the staffs (the place was quiet when we were there). The staffs could be more hospitable though - I remember on my last visit 2 years ago the staffs were equipped with excellent product knowledge and they patiently explain the menus while making some suggestions on what I should get. Well, that is one thing to improve on!

-

Society Complex
Jl. Sumatra 40
Surabaya, Indonesia 60281
+6231-5032929
Opening hours: 7am - 12am

Comments

Popular Posts